Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

I busted my head open....

and have a splitting headache and can't take anything for it (bf). I have like 100 bags of frozen bm but DD2 (I've been waiting to say that hehe) won't take bottles well. Or not any I have tried.

Any remedies that you would suggest for a headache? It's been two days and all I have been able to do was rub my temples and push on some pressure points.

Also, anybody have the issue of LO not taking bottles well? If so, what bottles did you use? DS didn't like bottles but I was successful with the 'breastflow' bottle but DD doesnt like them. Any suggestions?

I've tried:

*Avent (DD spat out, too long of a nipple) *Playtex drop ins *Dr. Brown's *Born Free

I feel like I've gone through all brands...buhhh

TIA!

Re: I busted my head open....

• Oh no! I don't have any advice for your head but did want to say sorry. That must be a real pain especially with a newborn. As far as the bottle, I did see a special bottle at BRU that looks like a boob that maybe you could try. I don't have any experience with it but it's worth a try.
  • Hi,

DD would not take the "fancy" bottles either.  The only bottle she took was the straight bottle w/ standard nipple.  Target/Wal-Mart sells them in a pack of 3 for 2.99.  Gerber is the brand I bought. As for the headache, I do not have ny suggestions other than tke the medication and dump the milk during the timeframe.  Check w/ your OB about medication and BF.   

• Loading the player...
  • Advil is ok when bfing. 
    I am no help with the bottle. DD would never take one and I tried every brand I could get my hands on. I spent many hours online trying to find something that would work. Here is a list of what I found and tried. None of it worked for me, but maybe something will work for you.

Different temperature of the milk (warmer or cooler)
    Leaving and letting DH try
    MIL tried while I was there and while I was gone
    The vacuum on
    Outside
    Karo syrup on the nipple
    Holding out 6+ hours 
    When sleepy, right before she went down or right as she was waking up.
    I tried bfing and switching her to a bottle in the middle of nursing.

The only thing I did not try that I found somewhere online was latex nipples instead of silicon. I am allergic to latex, so I wasn't willing to try it.
  • I highly recommend Breastflow bottles. I have only been able to find them at BRU. DD never had an issue going between these and BF.

Hope you feel better soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"