2nd Trimester
Options

Itchy, itchy, itchy

Is anyone itchy...I mean REALLY itchy?  I get the itchies in the evening and usually just on my legs.  I can't fall asleep b/c of them.  I'm from the midwest, and it reminds me of mosquito bites.  Every time you feel a little itch, you swat your leg bc you think you're getting bit again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going nuts.  My mom suggested cool baths...didn't help.

Re: Itchy, itchy, itchy

• Options

Lots of lotion worked for me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get super itchy too. ?It's so annoying! ?The worst is when it's my boobs. ?Someone on here told me to put lotion in the freezer for a bit then put it on the itchy area - don't rub it it, just let the cold lotion sit there for a while. ?I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    could be PUPPS. I'd mention it to my OB.
  • Options
    You read my mind. Its driving me crazy tonight! It just started yesterday.?
  • Options
    I think that Gold Bond has lotion for itchy skin...I remember someone saying that it was awesome for itchy pregnant legs! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What the heck are PUPPS?
  • Options
    I would mention to your dr.  I have PUPP's and it started the same way on my legs.  It got to a point where it even looked like bug bites.  Sorry to say there was not much that could be done.  They gave me three levels of cream.  It worked to kinda dry up the rash.  It went a while for about 4 weeks but now it is back.  So I am using the cream all over.  Good luck, check with your Dr. but mine did tell me I could take Benadryl for the itching.
  • Options
    An Oatmeal bath or one with Aveno and then lots of lotion...good luck!
  • Options
    I use an anti itch cream... a good one is Cortisone 10 with a cooling effect... I got it at the grocery, because sometimes I'm so itchy in places that I can't sleep.  It helps a lot.
  • Options

Oh...my feet suck down lotion!!

• Options
    hols78hols78 member

I have eczema and I itch constantly- I went to my dermatologist yesterday trying to find some non-medicinal relief. Here's what he suggested:

Aveeno Oatmel baths

Using a sugar or salt scrub then a thick cream

Lastly- and this is going to sound very weird but it really has helped- mix Aquaphor (from Eucerin) with ground up rock salt. I bought a really cheap coffee grinder to turn the rock salt into a fine grind. It makes a highly concentrated salt water soak. Then rub it in to the itchy places. 

• Options
    Oh my gosh YES. It drives my husband crazy because I am moving around all the time! I asked my doctor about it and she said it's hormones. She suggested hydrocortisone cream, like Benadryl. Oatmeal lotion has worked too or just plain old aloe vera. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"