2nd Trimester
Options

Am I just freaking myself out?

I'm still having some pain on my side, but not as much or as bad.

Now though, I realized I haven't really felt Henry since it started.  I ate an italian ice and drank a glass of apple juice and still only like 2 movements.

Should I just take a benadryl and go to sleep?  I feel like I am just freaking myself out over nothing.  Henry also woke me up 3 times last night moving around like crazy, so I wonder if he is just tired and will start moving around around 2am again.

I am making myself crazy here.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I just freaking myself out?

• Options

Are you dehydrated? Is it just regular RLP? I had a bad dose of it this morning!! I would try walking a bit too. I'm sure he is ok. I'd stay away from the meds just in case. curl up and watch some funny tv!!

Hope you feel better-did you call the on call doc?

• Options
    I hate it when LO is inactive after she now moves most of the time.  I would maybe take a warm relaxing bath and see if he starts to move around at all.  I am sure that is it OK but if you are still worried in the AM call your OB to make yourself feel better. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageneonvicki81:

Are you dehydrated? Is it just regular RLP? I had a bad dose of it this morning!! I would try walking a bit too. I'm sure he is ok. I'd stay away from the meds just in case. curl up and watch some funny tv!!

I'm thinking it's just growing pains.  I didn't call the Dr because I know he will just send me to L&D.  Since Henry seemed to be awake last night I want to see if he does it again.  If I don't feel him much by 9am I will call the Dr.  I am just not being rational tonight.  I have felt him some and my Dr told me as long as there is some movement at this point not to worry. 

• Options

I have a tendency to freak myself out very easily...if you have been laying down/sitting and haven't felt him at all I can see why you would be worried.

I rarely feel Peyton while I'm standing all day but their are certain times of the day where when I sit down i KNOW I will feel her. 

I posted in the other thread about how my appendix was a dull pain, didn't hurt at all really, just constant & annoying..plus you said you had diarrhea which is also a symptom..

If you are concerned, and he isn't moving the last thing I would do is take a benadryl.  I would go to the ER and tell them you have diarrhea and Right Quadrant Pain and take it from there.  Hopefully if it is an inflammed appendix they can tell from an ultrasound, even though at this point they may do a CT (I don't know about that)..

Good luck..

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    imageAMYfromKY:
    imageneonvicki81:

I'm thinking it's just growing pains.  I didn't call the Dr because I know he will just send me to L&D.  Since Henry seemed to be awake last night I want to see if he does it again.  If I don't feel him much by 9am I will call the Dr.  I am just not being rational tonight.  I have felt him some and my Dr told me as long as there is some movement at this point not to worry. 

there ya go. Maybe henry just has decided he wants to make his own schedule!!

• Options
    imageAMYfromKY:
    imageneonvicki81:

I know how you feel. Some days my LO is VERY active for a few days in a row and then he'll be really calm the next few days. But like your Dr said, as long as I feel some movement it makes me feel better and lets me know that he's OK. I assume he gets tired from being so active the previous days. That may not be the case but that's how I rationalize it to keep from going crazy with worry. Confused

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aw hun, did you use the doppler?  I have been having some horrid pains all day, mine are a mixture between BH and RLP...Baby Prince is doing fine though...try to relax, I'd take it easy for the rest of the night and give the doctor a call in the morning unless it gets worse.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    maybe this is an owt or something but I thought I heard that when the baby is growing it doesn't move as much?? If you're having RLP (which it sounds like to me), then that would mean your uterus (and probably therefore baby) are growing. Just an idea...definitely call your doc tomorrow a.m. to put your mind at ease (at least). GL!
  • Options
    imagerealisticdreams:

I have a tendency to freak myself out very easily...if you have been laying down/sitting and haven't felt him at all I can see why you would be worried.

I rarely feel Peyton while I'm standing all day but their are certain times of the day where when I sit down i KNOW I will feel her. 

I posted in the other thread about how my appendix was a dull pain, didn't hurt at all really, just constant & annoying..plus you said you had diarrhea which is also a symptom..

If you are concerned, and he isn't moving the last thing I would do is take a benadryl.  I would go to the ER and tell them you have diarrhea and Right Quadrant Pain and take it from there.  Hopefully if it is an inflammed appendix they can tell from an ultrasound, even though at this point they may do a CT (I don't know about that)..

Good luck..

Would this be something that would be bad if I waited until the morning?  I just felt him move like 4 times in the last 5 minutes (they are tiny movements, but movements afterall).  Where did yours hurt exactly? 

• Options
    imageAMYfromKY:
    imagerealisticdreams:

Good luck..

Would this be something that would be bad if I waited until the morning?  I just felt him move like 4 times in the last 5 minutes (they are tiny movements, but movements afterall).  Where did yours hurt exactly? 

I mean, I doubt it would burst during the night..but with random diarrhea and pain on the right side it would leave me uneasy..I know how much going to the ER at night sucks. 

I grabbed this pic off my myspace, I'm going to see if it works. it's a picture of my scar from the surgery, the pain was in that general area, but a little bit lower..and it just felt, funny.  I kept telling the doctor, "It feels like somethings there that shouldn't be there"  Mine felt off because my appendix was behind my colon which is pretty common, but not classic appendix symptoms.  

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    Ouch.  Well I just looked up where my appendix would be now and it should be higher by now.  Henry also is moving a little more now...probably feeling my worried enery.  If I still have pain tomorrow morning I will def call my Dr ASAP
  • Options

imageAMYfromKY:
    Ouch.  Well I just looked up where my appendix would be now and it should be higher by now.  Henry also is moving a little more now...probably feeling my worried enery.  If I still have pain tomorrow morning I will def call my Dr ASAP

oh good idea to check where it's at now! lol I didn't even think about that.  

That scar is growing now..and it just started fading because I had it out the end of Jan 06.  

I don't really think I've felt RLP pain yet..if I did I didn't know what it was.  I've just had lots of cramping.  

Good luck!

• Options

imageimaPrincess:
    Aw hun, did you use the doppler?  I have been having some horrid pains all day, mine are a mixture between BH and RLP...Baby Prince is doing fine though...try to relax, I'd take it easy for the rest of the night and give the doctor a call in the morning unless it gets worse.

Just an FYI - just because you can hear the hb on a doppler does NOT mean your baby isn't in distress. This is a common misconception.

Amy - if you've concerned enough to ask us twice in one night about it, call. That's what I would do.

• Options
    ENevENev member
    Yes, you are probably just freaking yourself out. Maybe it's at the stage we're at right now, because I've been the same way the past few days. Even though he's moving a ton, I just feel worried for some reason about every little thing - I hate it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If they are going away that is a really good sign!  Honestly I don't always feel one of the cupcakes (normally when I am all tense and stressed at work) but after some continued resting they always start right back up again.  It was the same w/Harmon.  This is why they tell you to not even start kick counts till the 28 or 29 week.  Movement is still sporadic and not a dependable indication at this point.

I vote Bendaryl and bed.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    You have a daily worry lately.. Id call the doctor instead of draging it out another day. I also agree with PP kick counts dont start till 28 or 29 weeks and some doctors dont even really want you to do them... what is normal may not be normal for your baby..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"