Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

If you could live in any US city...

... where would it be, and why?

I ask b/c DH and I are considering relocating, and I'm curious where others would go if given the option. Let's pretend jobs don't have to factor much into the equation (DH works in healthcare and I telecommute, so we aren't necessarily limited to specific regions/markets).

And... go!

4 Clomid cycles + 3 IUIs w/ injectables + 1 IVF = 1 m/c, 1 ectopic
FET May 2011 = BFP! Beta 1 (8dp5dt): 336, Beta 2 (12dp5dt): 2033, Beta 3 (14dp5dt): 4706

? So thankful for our little guys, born at 33 weeks. ?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you could live in any US city...

• Options
    Portland, OR!!!  In a flippin' heartbeat.  Oregon is the most beautiful state I've ever seen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love living in Michigan... But I would love to have the change to live in NYC!
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    NYC - I've lived in Philly most of my life, live right outside now - and I spend so much time up in NYC, I would like to live there. But my husband would probably divorce me :)
  • Options

Seattle.

• Options
    I lived in Cinci for a while and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it. I would totally recommend it to any young person or couple.  There are just tons of things to do and the South is jsut a short drive down 75. Housing is reasonable, and there are many many different job markets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    boston or wilmington, nc
    10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • Options
    savannah georgia!! I lived there for a few years before moving to Atlanta. Loved it!! Sadly, we are moving to new York
  • Options
    Miami.  I love South Beach!
  • Options

imagedandlelyon:
    I lived in Cinci for a while and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it. I would totally recommend it to any young person or couple.  There are just tons of things to do and the South is jsut a short drive down 75. Housing is reasonable, and there are many many different job markets.

I would love to live in Kzoo again!!!

~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Options
    I am thinking Miami...
  • Options
    We just moved from Austin, TX to be closer to family and we're already planning our move back.  I <3 Austin!
  • Options
    Probably Denver, CO.  The weather is mild and there's so much to do outside!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I would LOVE to live in Brooklyn, NY.  I lived right in Midtown for a semester of college, but that was a bit too busy.  I would love the convenience of NYC with a more suburban area.
  • Options
    I would say Boston, but I don't think I could handle the cold weather.  So I think I'll stick with Southern CA!
  • Options
    dc or nyc
  • Options

imagewifeyvana:
    We just moved from Austin, TX to be closer to family and we're already planning our move back.  I <3 Austin!

I lived there for 2 1/2 years and LOVED it!

• Options

imageKie310:
    NYC - I've lived in Philly most of my life, live right outside now - and I spend so much time up in NYC, I would like to live there. But my husband would probably divorce me :)

Kie, me too - my DH hates NYC!  He's a South Philly boy...

CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagewifeyvana:

Austin is a strong consideration for us so far... Phoenix, San Diego, and coastal North Carolina are also up there.

We both grew up in the Midwest and have lived in both Chicago and Boston together; now we're back in the Midwest, but itching for a change.

Thanks for the inspiration... and keep it comin'! :)

4 Clomid cycles + 3 IUIs w/ injectables + 1 IVF = 1 m/c, 1 ectopic
    FET May 2011 = BFP! Beta 1 (8dp5dt): 336, Beta 2 (12dp5dt): 2033, Beta 3 (14dp5dt): 4706

? So thankful for our little guys, born at 33 weeks. ?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    dc, san diego or boston
  • Options
    We stayed with friends just outside of Denver last week while we were on vacation and I just love it there.  It is BEAUTIFUL...everything was so pretty, there were TONS of things for us to do and see.  I would love to live there.  A previous poster mentioned that she loved living in Michigan--I like living here too for the reasons that we have family here and experience all 4 seasons.  But...if it wasn't for family (I can't imagine not living by our families) I'd love to live in Colorado!
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I actually like it right where I'm at! DH wants to move out to Colorado and I don't want to leave where we are! I lived in Miami for a few years and it's just not what it used to be. I would consider GA.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Heather -- I am actually loving Kzoo much more the second time around.  Totally different than the college town and that I knew and loved!  :-)  Hows Novi treating you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really love San Antonio and San Diego. They both have a great vibe and a lot of things to do. Plus, they don't have cold New England winters!

• Options
    San Francisco (where we are now) or Seattle (where we grew up). I love downtown SF and the weather is beautiful here, but Seattle is where all our family is and I love the rainy weather. Nothing?s better than curling up with cocoa and a movie during a storm.
    ~Mrs. J~ "Well behaved women rarely make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
  • Options
    Aloha! Hawaii for me!
  • Options

imagehainesherway:
    Probably Denver, CO.  The weather is mild and there's so much to do outside!

I live in a suburb of Denver and I love it!  I have lived here for 13 years and would choose to stay even if I could move somewhere else.

• Options

imagedandlelyon:
    Heather -- I am actually loving Kzoo much more the second time around.  Totally different than the college town and that I knew and loved!  :-)  Hows Novi treating you?

We love it here!!!  But, part of me is in the Zoo  :)

• Options

Although I like many of the things Michigan has to offer, I am totally in love with NYC. Totally. I also really love the San Francisco Bay area, although if I moved to CA I think I'd rather live more south. Maybe between LA & San Diego, with the perfect weather there. Nashville is also great, and underrated (and has affordable housing!). And Virginia, near DC, is also pretty nice.

• Options
    I absolutely love living in Mobile, Alabama, but if I could and had to live anywhere else, it would be Asheville, North Carolina. Very cool town and killer views. And 6 yoga studios to boot.
  • Options
    Savannah, GA. I think it is so beautiful down there. But I could do without the heat!
    I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options

imageCalypso312:
    Savannah, GA. I think it is so beautiful down there. But I could do without the heat!

You would pph Mobile if that's the case. Savannah and Mobile look alike.

• Options
    somewhere in hawaii, it is beautiful there!
  • Options
    We live in the Phoenix area right now...Austin is so much better ;-)
  • Options
    imagejme515:

imageCalypso312:

You would pph Mobile if that's the case. Savannah and Mobile look alike.

I like Asheville, too. I'm only a few hours from there, so it would be a nice change of pace, but close to home too.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"