Parenting
Options

Did anyone grow up with 2 little brothers?

We just found out today that baby #3 is a boy! We're excited and very relieved that he looks healthy. I grew up with an older brother and a younger sister, so I'm wondering what it will be like for our kids growing up, especially for DD since she's the only girl.

I realize every family is different, but if you have 2 little brothers, how close were you to your brothers growing up? How close are you to them now? Did you ever wish you had a sister? Did you ever feel left out being the only girl?

Thanks!

~ Liz, mommy to:
DD, 1/7/05 * DS #1, 1/25/07 * DS #2, 11/11/09
Baby #4, EDD 11/11/12
m/c 7/30/08 at 12 weeks (blighted ovum, emergency D&C)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Did anyone grow up with 2 little brothers?

• Options

I did. ?I have a brother 15 months younger than me and one 4 yrs younger than me. ? Growing up my brother and I were real close, esp our younger years through high school however after I went to college my brother became much closer and have stayed that way. ? I am not as close to them now but I still adore them. ? I do wish I had a sister but I have two close friends that are close enough to be sisters : )?

I am kinda want a girl this time but I think it would be good for Nathan to have a brother (since the brothers will be closer in age, 2 yrs apart, than sisters would be, DD would be 4.5 yrs older than her sister if this baby is a girl).

Congrats!??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had 2 little brothers, but a big age difference between us (7 and 9 years).  That makes my situation a littel different, I think.  We are all close, but my youngest brother and I are very close.  I think it's b/c I was like a second mom to him (or how he saw it).  I could get him to do things that my parents could not, b/c I wasn't the "parental figure", you know?

I wouldn't worry about it.  They won't know any different and they will all love each other just the same :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did, but I also had an older and younger sister. 5 total. I wasn't really all that close to them growing up (I am 4 years older than the oldest brother) but I am really close to the youngest one now.
  • Options
    InvBKInvBK member

I did, and we are all 2 years apart.  And I couldn't imagine a better way to grow up.  My brothers and I were all extremely close.  Sometimes the boys were closer, and sometimes one of them was closer to me.  My youngest brother and I are still pretty close, but he lives 3 hrs away and he's 4 years younger than me, so not quite as close as either one of us would have been with our middle brother.  (he died in a car accident a few years ago.)  I never once wished I had a sister.  My mom had 4 sisters and I still couldn't imagine what it would be like.  I never felt left out, and if anything felt a little more special.  I was the only girl, so my mom was able to do all of the girly things with me.  I always loved watching my 2 brothers together too.  There is nothing in the world like 2 boys and watching them grow up together.  I loved how they could fight and wrestle and argue, but at the drop of a hat they would stick up for and defend the other one.  We were all each other's best friends.

Congratulations on your newest little boy!

• Options
    I had an older sister & 2 younger brothers. We are all 4 years apart from the next, give or take a few months.  My youngest brother (who is 8 years younger than me) and I have ALWAYS been EXTREMELY close.  When we were younger, I was like another mommy to him.  I loved having 2 little brothers.  I obviously can't answer the part about feeling left out, since I had the older sister....although she & I were never that close.  She was always doing her own thing (still is!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"