Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

cleaning nuby straw sippy?

if you have the nuby straw sippy, how do you clean it? i apparently got the only one that didnt have instructions included.  sigh.

Re: cleaning nuby straw sippy?

• Options

I pull out the straw and the straw extender and either wash them and the cup by hand or toss them in the dishwasher (which seems to do a fine job). If I put them in the dishwaher, I put the cup and lid on the top shelf and the straw and extender in the silverware rack.

I do also have one of those tiny, skinny brushes by Dr. Brown that I sometimes use on them if they get gunky.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just bought these and had the same question (the instructions only say to clean it - not how). I put them in the dishwasher which sterilizes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    I pull the straw parts apart and wash them and the cup by hand. When I filled them with milk, I make a point of rinsing out the cup as soon as it's done so the milk doesn't goop up the straw. Since I got tired of having milk back up out of the straw and spewing all over the place, so now the cups are just for water.
  • Options
    I pull out out both pieces of the straw and clean them with a q-tip. Works great! I either throw the top and cup in the washer or hand wash, depending on the day :)
  • Options
    I use the Dr. Browns cleaning tool too. You can buy 3 packs of them at BRU.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"