2nd Trimester
Options

What strollers are you guys buying?

Re: What strollers are you guys buying?

• Options
    I'm getting the chico cortina cubes stroller and carseat. The carseat holds up to 30lbs rear facing and we picked the system after playing with a bunch of strollers in the store- it seemed the most user friendly.
  • Options

Bugaboo.  I was a nanny years ago and it lasted through 3 of the kids, was so easy to maneuver, was adorable, and adjusted to all of us who needed to use it.  Plus I hate the bulk of a travel system (it doesnt bother many people though) so I love the idea of the bugaboo and then using a sling for quick trips where a stroller is too much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We ordered the UppaBaby Vista.  It is a frame-style stroller so you can snap a carseat right into it - it also comes with both a bassinet for infants and a toddler seat that hold up to 50lbs.  Very lightweight  under 25lbs with the seat attached. This is going to do the job of a travel system, snap & go, lightweight, and jogger.....we looked at the Bugaboo and this does more for less $.
  • Options

We bought a Quinny Zapp.

It was lightweight. It's also sturdy enough for the gravel roads/farm use.

The carseat I bought also coordinates with it.

Honestly though, it was on sale, I think they look cool and it came a fun color.

• Options

Graco SafeSeat 32 snapped into the Graco frame for the first few months + the Baby Jogger City Mini.

For the price, I didn't think I would get my money's worth with Bugaboo or Uppababy because the saleswoman said most people come back after the baby is 1 year and want a more compact/lightweight stroller - even though the Bugaboo and Uppa can carry children up to ages 4 or 5.

Also, the City Mini is small, lightweight and folds up in a one-handed motion which is important for city living (small apartment, buses, tight spaces).

Lastly, because our baby is going to be born in November when it starts getting chilly in NY, I won't be able to really "show off" my stroller until 6 months + ... that was another reason why we didn't do the Bugaboo or Uppa.

Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Bugaboo cameleon...I have always wanted one

But also because I don't like bulky travel systems and I love the bassinet

• Options

I love the combo we bought with DS...we have the BOB Revo that we were able to use with his infant seat (with the infant car seat adapter) when DS was small, and now it works as both a jogger and our heavy duty stroller for trips to the zoo and such.  We have a lot of hike and bike trails where I live and it's fantastic if you ever will be walking/jogging on any surface besides asphalt or cement.  It's not designed for heavy duty off-road use, but on our park paths and grass, it's fantastic.  It's SO easy to steer too for being such a sturdy stroller, it takes just the lightest touch...something very important when you're jogging! 

We also bought a Maclaren triumph when DS was 9 months old.  It lives in the trunk of my car - It's a wonderful umbrella stroller, and I can't say enough good things about it.  I can open and close it in about 2 seconds, and steer it with one hand.  We opted for the triumph which is slightly more expensive than Maclaren's cheapest umbrella stroller (the Volo) because it had a reclining feature.    

• Options
    We will be getting the Baby Jogger City Classic. I love the look of it and I LOVE the one handed fold. It is lightweight, easy to use and looks comfy for the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    anyone know anything about the inglesina zippy?
  • Options
    I'm registering for a Gracco travel system. Nice and sturdy.
  • Options
    imagedairygirl19:

We bought a Quinny Zapp.

It was lightweight. It's also sturdy enough for the gravel roads/farm use.

The carseat I bought also coordinates with it.

Honestly though, it was on sale, I think they look cool and it came a fun color.

No, it cannot be used on gravel roads. I tried it out today on a gravel path in the park, and it couldn't even hold up to that. It's great for using on sidewalks and such, though.  

• Options
    Hmm...that's weird. I tried it out on my neice like 2 weeks ago when I got it....and it's fine. The gravel roads around here are more packed dirt though than actual rock pieces so that may help the cause.
  • Options

imageccorneau:
    We ordered the UppaBaby Vista.  It is a frame-style stroller so you can snap a carseat right into it - it also comes with both a bassinet for infants and a toddler seat that hold up to 50lbs.  Very lightweight  under 25lbs with the seat attached. This is going to do the job of a travel system, snap & go, lightweight, and jogger.....we looked at the Bugaboo and this does more for less $.

Us too, for the same reasons. All I need extra is the car sea adapter and the cup holder.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagedairygirl19:
    Hmm...that's weird. I tried it out on my neice like 2 weeks ago when I got it....and it's fine. The gravel roads around here are more packed dirt though than actual rock pieces so that may help the cause.

That's true. The one I was on was way more rocky. I do love the stroller, though!  

• Options
    jeep jogger and a an orbit baby well worth the money i heard we got it as a gift
  • Options

Either the Valco Tri Mode or Uppa Baby Vista. I want something that will be good for long walks down the road. I also LOVE the bassinetts.

• Options

We bought a Bugaboo Frog. We don't own a car so we wanted a top of the line stroller since it will get a lot of use.

I also refuse to use a travel system since baby really should not be spending that much time in a carseat, so having the bassinet feature was very important to me.

Being able to have the stroller grow with my son was another great feature- we'll only ever need one stroller. I see tons of posts with people who have spent the money on multiple strollers and my Bugaboo may end up costing us less!

• Options
    ninascninasc member
    A bugaboo for walking around the neighborhood with the dogs or walking to the town for dinner/coffee/shopping, etc. We'll also get another stoller that is more compact and folds easily when the baby is around 6 months. We'll use that one for traveling, going on quick shopping trips, etc.
  • Options
    We bought the Chicco Keyfit/Cortina travel system. The stroller fits up to 50 pounds & it is easy to fold (one-handed). We'll buy an umbrella-type stroller later, but for now this will work perfectly with the carseat.
  • Options

Still trying to decide between the BOB Revolution and the Bumbleride Indie.....Big Smile

I really like the "combo" ability of both and the ability to use them as joggers (light) in addition to their "street" cred :)   Seems like both have great reviews (only complaint being that they are "heavy").   

Although I saw the Orbit in use at the airport yesterday and it is pretty slick... (but tough to justify spending an additional $450 to get it)....

• Options
    we're going to start out with a snap n go.  When the baby outgrows that, then we'll decide what to get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"