1st Trimester
Options

how far along were you at your first appt?

just made my first appointment, and it will not be until the end of the month i will already be 8 weeks. just curious when how far along everyone was at the first appt?

Re: how far along were you at your first appt?

• Options
    My first appt with Dr, will be at 10 weeks.  I had my first U/S today @ 8 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just over 7 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options
    9 weeks 3 days.
  • Options
    I was almost eleven weeks when I had my first appointment I was so anxious about it. Waiting sucks!
  • Options
    MrsDTMrsDT member
    with the doctor, 7 weeks but they thought I was 9 (even though I told them 7)
  • Options
    I will be 8 weeks at my first visit - ultra sound and then seeing the doctor.  It's next Wedneday, I cannot wait!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just had my first appointment today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'll be 9w1d when I have my first appt and u/s
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be 11 weeks when I have my first appt in August. I can't stand the wait. lol
  • Options
    W/ DD I was 13 1/2 weeks and the past 2 times I was 7.5 weeks. Some doctors make patients wait until more like 12 wks. Just depends, especially if you've had previous complications (which would call for an earlier appt.).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My Dr does the first at 8 weeks.  But he is on vacation that week for me so I'll be seen at 9 weeks.

• Options
    My first appt. was today!  I am 11 weeks 1 day according to my ovulation date from charting.  The doctor goes by last period date so she says I am 12 weeks 4 days.
  • Options

I had mine today and I was supposed to be at 8 weeks.  I had an u/s and turns out I am just over 6.  So, I get to go back in 4 weeks and do another u/s.  I got to see the heartbeat today though - so it was cool!

Lilypie Maternity tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It looks you and I conceived on the same day, my appointment is at 10wks.
  • Options
    6 and 1/2 weeks.  Doctor prefers women be 7 or 8 weeks at least to make sure they can see something on the first u/s, but I didn't know my conception date and they went by hcg levels and could only predict I was somewhere between 6-8 weeks, so I knew there was a chance it would be too early to see anything on the u/s...luckily they saw a little bean with a heartbeat.  Don't worry - 8 weeks is pretty normal...it's also good because there's a higher chance they will be able to hear the heartbeat at the second appointment.  I was only 10 weeks at my second appointment, and they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, so they did another ultrasound...it was all very scary, but very normal that early.
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    I will be 6w2d
  • Options
    6.5 weeks.  Got to hear the hb at 10.5 weeks.  Won't get an u/s until 20 weeks.  My next appt I'll be 14.5 weeks.
  • Options
    I had my first u/s at 6w 6d and will have my first appt with the dr at 8w 6d.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    It will be around week 8 for my first appointment.  I didn't go with my DD until week 10.
  • Options
    I was 7wks 2 days at our first initial appointment. We had our first ultrasound at 7wks 6days.?
  • Options
    I was 7w4d. My doctor told me she didn't want to do anything before then because there was a chance they wouldn't be able to catch the heartbeat on the ultrasound.
  • Options

I'm confused.

When everyone is providing how far along you were, are you counting from the first day of your last period or from the day you conceived?  I assume the former since most ppl don't know exact conception date.

Congratulations to everyone! 

• Options

8 weeks. I'm low risk & didn't have any bleeding/cramping/etc issues that warranted betas or an earlier appt.

• Options
    I will be 10 weeks
  • Options

I was 12w3d when I had my first doctor's appointment.  I met with the prenatal nurse when I was 8w.

• Options
    I had a pregnancy confirmation appointment at 6 weeks. Then my first prenatal at 8 weeks.
  • Options

i was 4.5-5 wks, but i thought i was already 6 wks.

then we went back i was 6wk 1 d, 9 wk 1d.  i'll have my nt scan at 12 w, and then back to the dr at 13w1d. 

• Options
    8 weeks.  Next appointment is next week at 12 weeks.
  • Options

first dr. appt: 6 weeks

first us: 7 weeks

2nd dr. appt: 10 weeks

Pregnancy Ticker BFP #1 6/15/09: Blighted Ovum discovered 7/14/09, D&C 7/16/09 8w3d BFP #2 12/4/09: u/s 12/29/09 hb 164 bpm! 01/15/10 heard heartbeat 150's! DD born 8/10/10 7lbs 13 oz 19" BFP #3 7/6/12: u/s 7/24/12 hb 122 bpm!
  • Options
    My first appointment I was 8 Weeks 0 Days
  • Options
    I will have my prenatal nurse appt where they just draw blood and etc at 9 weeks and then ill see the doctor at 12wks3days. Both of my doctors told me 12 weeks is typical in my area. I cant wait until then but i try not to think about it lol.
  • Options
    7.5 weeks, its next week I'm really excited! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"