Multiples
Options

When did you pack your hospital bag?

This is listed in the 3rd trimester 'to do's.' It's early (this is only my first week in the 3rd tri) - but I would hate to have to go unexpectedly and forget something important.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you pack your hospital bag?

• Options
    Let me preface with, I'm a huge slacker.  I started PTL at 32 weeks and decided I should do it then.  Confused
  • Options

About five minutes after my water broke. ?That was one of those things we had on the list of things to do that didn't get done before the babies decided to show up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks too.  Not because I fear PTL but bcuz I fear I will forget something or have to go in ASAP and my DH not finding the items I have on my list in my head!  I hope to start soon!
  • Options
    I was admitted unexpectedly at 32 weeks due to Pre-E and had a C/S 2 days later... We did ok with me not having a bag packed... I was in their hospital gowns/robes about 80% of the time I was there and they provided toiletries.  It's not the ideal, so my recommendation is pack now.
  • Options
    I had a small bag packed at about 29 weeks and also had the diaper bag packed.  I didn't start bringing the small bag with me until my 32 week appt.  I did have a list prepared with items I wanted and where they were located so my family could locate them (hairdryer in bathroom, etc.) that way I didn't have to keep them in the hot car or in a suitcase.
  • Options
    I've had mine packed since 28 weeks and just started taking it to my appointments. Whats in there is enough to get me through any immediate needs, if I need/forgot something DH can go home get it; the hospital has alot of things, but I prefer MY things, lol. I did pack some clothes that are loose and I didn't care if they got ruined, but if I need more/cleaner its not a big deal for someone to run to the house.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a c-section scheduled and packed the night before.  My DH always bugged me about it but everything I would have packed I was still using...like comfy clothes, toiletries, etc. 

I don't think the hospital bag is as important as you think.  You are most comfortable in mesh undies and the hospital gown, they provide all your food and have toiletries for you (at least at my hospital).  You really just need something to come home in!

• Options
    I packed mine at 36 weeks, the day the doctor decided I would be admitted for an induction due to high bp & dropping platelets...I wish I had done it earlier...though honestky, there wasn't much I "needed"
  • Options
    I packed mine after my first hospital admission at 27 weeks.  Have been admitted three more times since then and it's nice not to rush around throwing your toiletries into a bag while panicked about ctx, ptl, or whatever is sending you in.  While the hospital does give you some items, I like my own soap/cleanser and other toiletries much better.  It's just one less thing to worry about, imo.  And definitely put bag in car prior to every OB appt.  I've been admitted twice after appts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"