2nd Trimester
Options

The man may die tonight (vent)

We are on a very strict budget for the next month or so which makes things even worse.

two nights ago, we went to Sam's Club and got  6 steaks at a really great price.  I asked him to put them in the fridge so that I could indiviually vacuum pack them and stick them in the freezer.  We usually split a steak so this would make 12 different dinners!

Tonight while he was out on a run, I got all my supplies out to put them in thier individual bags and freeze them.  Yeah.... DH put the whole tray in the freezer!!!  They are a solid block!  

I'm beyond furious.  I can't break them apart with out thawing them, and it's bad to refreeze food that has been thawed anyway!

He just got in from running and his brilliant idea is to break them away using his foot and our floor (the meat in a bag) and then put them in regular ziploc bags.  Apparently there is no difference between freezer bags and regular sandwich bags.  He is going to have a lot of fun enjoying freezer burnt steaks!

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!!!!!!!!Angry

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The man may die tonight (vent)

• Options
    i love how they can just "solve" the problem by throwing a bag on the floor and breaking frozen meat with their FEET. sounds like my boyfriend. Except he might find a hammer.
  • Options
    My husband made that mistake once.  He didn't realize what would happen and now that vacuum sealer is his favorite kitchen gadget. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Men just don't think!  lol!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, they really don't get it, do they??
  • Options

Oh no, really? I sometimes refreeze meat I just thawed. Not too often, but I've done it.

Your story made me LOL!

• Options
    You are living my life right now!! Except my DH has done it once with every type of meat- you would think that he would learn when I was pissed that he did it with the shrimp- nope we had to go through chicken, fish fillets, sausage and ground turkey before he got it!
  • Options

imagelspinman:
    You are living my life right now!! Except my DH has done it once with every type of meat- you would think that he would learn when I was pissed that he did it with the shrimp- nope we had to go through chicken, fish fillets, sausage and ground turkey before he got it!

He wants to buy things in bulk, which is fine.... but he doesn't see the need to store it correctly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This may be too late but you can thaw, cook to med rare and then refreeze.  Then when it's time to eat them, just warm them on the grill to finish cooking.  My dad suggested this to me once and it worked great.  It's not good to refreeze raw meat but once it's cooked you can refreeze with no problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"