2nd Trimester
Options

Paternity Leave- Utah

Does anyone know if/how much time off dads qualify for in Utah after their child's birth? I've searched our government website top to bottom and can't find anything on it.

Re: Paternity Leave- Utah

• Options
    Does he work for the government?  Otherwise I think it has to do with the company not the state (though I am not UT so could be different there)...my DH gets 9 weeks but that is his company not CA law
  • Options

No, not a government employee and gets nothing through his current company. I remember back when my son was born though that DH qualified for something under the same law as Pregnancy Disability Leave. He didn't have to take vacation or sick time, was granted unpaid leave through the state and his company had to comply.

Sound familiar to anyone?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Was it FMLA? I would think that would qualify, but I don't know if he will still get paid. My husband only gets 3 weeks through work, but our friend gets 3 months (also through his job at a different place).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelspinman:
    Does he work for the government?  Otherwise I think it has to do with the company not the state (though I am not UT so could be different there)...my DH gets 9 weeks but that is his company not CA law

Your DH get's 9 weeks?!  I only get 6 weeks.  I'm gonna move to your state.  

• Options
    I think he can under FMLA... he can get disability pay for the time, I THINK. I'm in Cali, and my friend who works in family law said my DH should be able to get time off with disability pay for "bonding time"... time depends on the boss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"