2nd Trimester
Options

No Doubt concert...what do I wear?!?!?

There are a bunch of us girls going to see No Doubt in a few weeks. My niece (11 years old) wants us all the match. She said she saw Gwen Stefani on TV the other day and she was wearing a bright green bra with a "wife-beater". She said she wants us all to wear a white "wife-beater" with a brightly colored bra and jeans.

My SIL asked her if she knew what a "wife-beater" was. Her response, "Ya..a tank top?!" My SIL had to explain to her why it was called that. Then my niece said, "Oh..." Idea

So my question is...what can I suggest that would talk her out of wearing a brightly colored bra and a white tank top?! My boobs are too huge for any cute colored bras!

I was thinking maybe a hot pink tank top and jean capris?! Suggestions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Smile

TIA!

Re: No Doubt concert...what do I wear?!?!?

• Options

Um, how about that's not appropriate for an 11 year old?  I would just say that I didn't feel comfortable showing the whole world my underwear and leave it at that.  A tank top and jeans/capris would be fine.

But, maybe I'm prude.

• Options
    imageRoRed5:

Um, how about that's not appropriate for an 11 year old?  I would just say that I didn't feel comfortable showing the whole world my underwear and leave it at that.  A tank top and jeans/capris would be fine.

Eh, I have to agree with this.  I'd be appalled at someone letting their 11 year old expose her underwear in public.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRoRed5:

But, maybe I'm prude.

I agree, an 11 year old suggesting a neon bra under a white tank top is a little outside my realm of acceptable. How about layering a bright tank under a white tank.

• Options
    I'm going to the concert, and yeah, if I saw a young girl doing that I would think it was highly inappropriate.
  • Options
    wear a bright colored spaghetti strap shirt under a wife beater, same look, just not slutty. and WAY more appropriate for an 11 y/o
  • Options
    imageRoRed5:

But, maybe I'm prude.

I love No Doubt and I know all the little girlies wanna be like Gwen Stefani but the 11 year old bright bra is a NO. 

Wear some skinny jeans and layer long tees or a funky tank top. She should paint her nails hot pink or play with some bracelets or something. Accessorize.

If i went I'd go with my Converse, maternity skinny jeans and a cute long T, with a little jacket or hoodie.

• Options
    imagepregali80:
    imageRoRed5:

But, maybe I'm prude.

I love No Doubt and I know all the little girlies wanna be like Gwen Stefani but the 11 year old bright bra is a NO. 

Wear some skinny jeans and layer long tees or a funky tank top. She should paint her nails hot pink or play with some bracelets or something. Accessorize.

If i went I'd go with my Converse, maternity skinny jeans and a cute long T, with a little jacket or hoodie.

This is what I was telling DH. I said we should go to Claires and get a funky bracelet then start from there.

• Options
    There is no such thing as dressing slutty.  Either someone is or isn't a slut, it doesn't matter what they wear.  Its a shame some people think a little girls choice of clothes matter more than character.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

In this case

looks like a young sex object=slutty=age inappropriate

• Options
    imagebabygroves:

There are a bunch of us girls going to see No Doubt in a few weeks. My niece (11 years old) wants us all the match. She said she saw Gwen Stefani on TV the other day and she was wearing a bright green bra with a "wife-beater". She said she wants us all to wear a white "wife-beater" with a brightly colored bra and jeans.

My SIL asked her if she knew what a "wife-beater" was. Her response, "Ya..a tank top?!" My SIL had to explain to her why it was called that. Then my niece said, "Oh..." Idea

So my question is...what can I suggest that would talk her out of wearing a brightly colored bra and a white tank top?! My boobs are too huge for any cute colored bras!

I was thinking maybe a hot pink tank top and jean capris?! Suggestions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Smile

TIA!

Do you all really have to match? Is the concert inside where the temp will be regulated?

Check out Gwen's own line for inspiration:  https://www.shopstyle.com/browse/womens-tops/L.A.M.B.

Note the bustier over white tank that may be similar alternative to what your niece has suggested?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagepregali80:

In this case

looks like a young sex object=slutty=age inappropriate

What exactly does a young sex object look like?  How does it look less inappropriate as a woman grows into more curves to show?  This is ridiculous.  Its all completely subjective. Some people think showing your knees or hair in public is much to "sexy" or whatever and in some countries women are being raped for "provovative" clothing, so I suppose you believe it is the woman a fault?  Ridiculous.  Anyway, I don't think the original post was about this.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ablouablou member

imagenickicl:
    There is no such thing as dressing slutty.  Either someone is or isn't a slut, it doesn't matter what they wear.  Its a shame some people think a little girls choice of clothes matter more than character.

Um, yeah, there is such a thing as dressing slutty.  And I think that an 11-year-old girl dressing like a 30something woman is completely age inappropriate.  I'm sorry, (actually, I'm not) but when I see a little girl wearing high heels, makeup, showing off their underwear, and trying to act grown, I'm  not thinking about her character, I'm thinking about her parents putting her out there in the world, tempting godonlyknowswhat, like a sacrificial lamb.  And who is the adult here, if the CHILD is picking out their own inappropriate clothing?

And to the OP:  I love the idea of the neon-colored spaghetti tank under the white one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageablou:

imagenickicl:

Um, yeah, there is such a thing as dressing slutty.  And I think that an 11-year-old girl dressing like a 30something woman is completely age inappropriate.  I'm sorry, (actually, I'm not) but when I see a little girl wearing high heels, makeup, showing off their underwear, and trying to act grown, I'm  not thinking about her character, I'm thinking about her parents putting her out there in the world, tempting godonlyknowswhat, like a sacrificial lamb.  And who is the adult here, if the CHILD is picking out their own inappropriate clothing?

And to the OP:  I love the idea of the neon-colored spaghetti tank under the white one. 

I think your wedding photo looks slutty! Devil 

Oh wait that would be sinking to your level.  

I stand by what I said but I'm not going to discuss it further in this thread out of respect for the original question.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd let the 11 year old's parents worry about her attire and wear a cute maxi dress. Gwen rocked the maxi during her last PG.
    Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"