Washington Babies

Peeing in a cup

is very difficult when you can't see your girly bits.  I'm surprised that I got more in the cup than on my hand.

(Seems like some of you have to do it every appt.  I did it the first appt and then last week and this week.  And that's it.  Maybe if it was every time it's easier to adapt?)

Re: Peeing in a cup

• Wow I'm amazed you don't have to do it every time!
  • Yeah, I thought that was a little strange since everyone else seems to do it every time.  But I figure they're the doctors, they know what they're doing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's a tip!

Hold the cup up to yourself and just let a little pee trickle out, moving the cup accordingly until the cup is fully beneath the stream.  Hold the cup against that spot and fill 'er up!   It works way better than holding it away and hoping you get the cup under the stream.  :)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• hehehe

I didnt do it every time either, but  I did pee on a strip that would test my protein levels. I guess it depends on your doc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CG - that's what I've been doing, but apparently the angle changes a bit when it's a little trickle vs. an all out stream.  I'm getting the hang of it, but not without getting a little wet.  Tongue Tied
  • Yeah, it is a bit challenging, I think I did the hold-it-close method towards the end also. I had to do it every time, but not the full "clean catch" sample that they send in to the lab...that was only once or twice. At every visit I would pee in the cup and then dunk in a strip that tested protein and glucose levels, then tell the nurse if the colors on the strip changed.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Oh my gosh, I have to do the clean catch method every single time I go in.  I go in Monday and after that I have to go in every other week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to pee everytime...and I dreaded it.  I once ended up getting pee all over my pants. Go figure! 
    Also known as *BreeBree13* Stupid bump keeps logging me in under my old name!
  • I've had to provide a pee sample at every appointment...and pee on my hand everytime as well.  I think the cleaning is the worst part...they have me use 3 of those wipes each time, and those wipes leak and splash everywhere.
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • WOW, I too have always had to do it at every appt. 

At my office, after check in & while waiting, you go and they have these test strips in the bathroom that you put in the cup yourself.  It tests your glucose and protein levels and gives a color in 2 places you compare to the container of strips.  Then I tell the nurse the results when I get called back. 

I have to do this at every appt.

It does get harder to reach around.  I have this print out of a thread on here from when I was PG last time toward the end.  The post title is:  "You know you're too PG when........"  People on the 3rd tri board then filled in the blank.  I laugh so hard when reading this I always pee my pants!  I had to print it out it's so funny.  :)  Maybe we should start one here......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • KNemoKNemo member
    I only did it at my first appointment and my last. And I agree IHHM. It is a toatally different ball game when you are 10-12 weeks vs, 37-40 weeks!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I swear they want every drop of your fluid when you go to an appointment. My arms looked terrible from all the times they drew blood. I started referring to the lab techs as vampires. As for pee...yeah, that's kind of an olympic event trying to hover, pee and stay tidy.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imageiHeartHimMore:
    CG - that's what I've been doing, but apparently the angle changes a bit when it's a little trickle vs. an all out stream.  I'm getting the hang of it, but not without getting a little wet.  Tongue Tied

Gotcha.  Could you ask one of the nurses for a glove or something to wear? That might cut down on the ick factor.  Smile

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"