Success after IF
Options

question about Medela breast pumps

I found a Medela Pump in Style Original for sale that is NEW in box (seal still intact) on craigslist for $200.  I've seen/heard that this particular pump is highly recommended and this seems like a good deal. (though it would be a better deal if it was for the Advanced)

Now I'm wondering if I should get the Original or the Advanced.

i checked the baby bargains forum just now and it seems to be personal preference.  The PIS gives you control over suction and speed separately, while there's only one knob on the PISA and it's automatic.  some moms report they like the PISA better b/c they only have to hit one button.  some like the PIS better b/c you can adjust manually to mimic the letdown.

any thoughts on these pumps and which one is better?

Re: question about Medela breast pumps

• Options
    Can't answer as to which is better or worse but I know the PISA has a two-phase expression deal which is to mimic letdown and you can do it more than once a pumping session but again, don't know how it compares.  Pricewise the deal you found is good but I got a PISA from BRU with my completion coupon + the 15% off one item coupon + a set of accessories (pumping bottles, microwave steamer bags and pumping storage bags) for $237, so a new one doesn't have to cost that much more than what is being asked for this NIB one.  If it were me and I wanted the PIS I'd try and talk the person down to at least $175.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

FWIW, once I got the hang of things, I always had it on the highest suck.  (it had an adjustable knob, but your hands are busy doing other things than fine-tuning a dial)

The only common complaint I've heard is it's nice to have something to keep the suction cups ON the tittays, so you can nest while pumping. I had to hold or prop mine.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    Can't answer as to which is better or worse but I know the PISA has a two-phase expression deal which is to mimic letdown and you can do it more than once a pumping session but again, don't know how it compares.  Pricewise the deal you found is good but I got a PISA from BRU with my completion coupon + the 15% off one item coupon + a set of accessories (pumping bottles, microwave steamer bags and pumping storage bags) for $237, so a new one doesn't have to cost that much more than what is being asked for this NIB one.  If it were me and I wanted the PIS I'd try and talk the person down to at least $175.  GL!

thanks.  yeah, some moms said the manual controls on the PIS helped them mimic letdown better than the set controls on the PISA.  I checked with babies r us after your post the other day and they don't let you combine the 15% off w/the completion discount - I think the person you got the other day was just really nice!! I will think about it some more and if I do end up getting it, I will try to get a lower price on it

Davez - I have seen special nursing bras that will let you pump handsfree - that's what I was planning to do :)

• Options
    imageDavezWife:

The only common complaint I've heard is it's nice to have something to keep the suction cups ON the tittays, so you can nest while pumping. I had to hold or prop mine.

Sounds like you needed one of these: ?https://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/?

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagemrspresley:

imageGypsyEsq:

thanks.  yeah, some moms said the manual controls on the PIS helped them mimic letdown better than the set controls on the PISA.  I checked with babies r us after your post the other day and they don't let you combine the 15% off w/the completion discount - I think the person you got the other day was just really nice!! I will think about it some more and if I do end up getting it, I will try to get a lower price on it

Davez - I have seen special nursing bras that will let you pump handsfree - that's what I was planning to do :)

Oh I definitely think the person I got was just nice, that had to be an error on their part but that said I've "seen" it happen more than once on these boards.  Another option is our hospital has a little baby shop that sells pumps and they will price match with any coupons -- including that 15% off one, so there may be other avenues.  I think at one point someone had posted the link to a medical supply store that emailed you a price list and they were also cheaper than BRU.  

And definitely get that handsfree bra thing (easy expressions bustier is the one I got from a dear friend) either that or take an old sports bra and cut some holes to fit the flanges in.   That seems like it would be a godsend for both bumping and working while pumping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"