Infertility
Options

Have you ever been to an IF support group?

I was looking up random IF information the other day and found out that Spokane used to have IF support groups.  Go figure that I can't find any information on them now, but I am attempting to see what is out there for me.  Have any of you went to one?  Did you find a great support system?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you ever been to an IF support group?

• Options

I went to my first meeting in the beginning of June and found it extremely helpful.  For me IF is very isolating, sometimes I feel like I am the only person experiencing these things.  That's why the message boards are so great but it is really nice to be able to see, in person, other people that are going through the same thing.  Hearing other people's stories made me feel like if they can get through this so can I. 

Check out the Resolve website, thats where I found my local group.

• Options

I have never gone to one.....but it is quite likely that I may need to talk to someone.....that is neutral in the near future.  For now...chatting on here acts as a support system since none of my friends off the boards except for one knows about my/our IF.  Good luck.  I hope you find a good support resource.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't gone to one, but I have thought a lot about it. This whole processes is so isolating and I really have no one but my DH to talk about it with IFL. I totally live on this board b/c i feel like it's the only place I am understood and not thought crazy! I think I would have lost my mind without this board!?

GL! If you try one I will be curious to see what you think! I know my doctor's office offers them about twice a month!?

• Options
    They do offer them at our clinic, but we've never made the time to go. Statistically, it shows that support groups help to lessen the strain on couples going through IF, so it definitely might be a good thing to work into your schedule if you can make it!
  • Options
    I found a great one thru my doctor. We meet once a month or so and while it is more for socializing, we are there for each other and understand what we are going thru. It is a way to bond with someone else.
    Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"