2nd Trimester
Options

Need Ideas for Bee Nursery Theme

Need all your good ideas, opinions or pictures please.

I bought some bumble bee bedding for the nursery and need some ideas on how to do the rest of the room.  Our crib is beechwood and the glider/ottoman is a tiny bit darker.  So have to paint the antique dresser, do the walls, etc.

Oh, and it's unisex as we are not finding out the sex of the baby.

Here's the bedding:  https://www.beddinghut.com/bumblebee.html

Re: Need Ideas for Bee Nursery Theme

• Options
    That is cuteness!  I'm not good at decorating but if you want a fun bold sort of crazy thing you could add a chair rail to the room to divide the wall and paint black/yellow stripes underneath...
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

You could do a bees and insect theme, with ladybugs and dragonflies etc

or you could do a bees and trees theme, with some lovely large tree decals on the walls

we're also doing a "neutral" theme. Mine is a pond theme with frogs, ladybugs, dragonflies and snails. light green and cream are the colors I've chosen

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might be able to incorporate some Winnie the Pooh bee and honey things.  Every Pooh thing I have seen has bees and honey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

Cute bedding!  I was thinking of using this set also.  I like pp nursery pic.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekttbirdd:

REALLY cute idea!

OP, maybe paint the walls another shade of yellow that doesn't clash with your bedding? Green or bright blue might also be a good choice without being too boyish if you end up with a daughter.

• Options

I also saw a post over on the nursery decor board that might help too. You have to scroll down alittle though.?

Hope that helps.

?

My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    I think that is the adorablest bedding!!  I don't know what to tell you, thematically... I do think that yellow walls may be a little overpowering.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I came to the right place, I just love all your ideas!

I did consider doing a chair rail as I think it would be cute.

I love the suggestions of looking at some Winnie the Pooh stuff, I don't want to go overboard with nothing but bees.  And in the room I already have two pictures with ladybugs and dragonflies and last week bought these super cute tin buckets with a little card surrounded by twigs on the front and the pictures are a bee, ladybug and dragonfly.  I saw that idea in a book to keep small things in on a shelf.

Buyer beware, that bedding looks so much cuter online than in person.  I certainly don't want to put anymore yellow into the room.  The walls right now are actually a green almost like the light green used on this board, so maybe I'll keep that, put up the chair rail and accent in cream.

I really love the bee decals for the top of the wall, that is perfect.

Thank you, thank you, thank you again for all your suggestions and once I learn how to post pictures on here I will have to take some to share.

Off to check out that post on the nursery decor page.

• Options

I've been looking at that bedding as well and I think that is what we are going to go with. I'm a big bee fan... For many reason (my name is Melissa-which is greek for Honey Bee)... Any ways I know for myself I'm unable to do a lot of decorating because we live in an apartment.. Anyways I've always had bee's around the place (fake ones that is). But I'm going to use them for the walls to hang.

If I was able to paint I think that I would do white walls with yellow trim to match the yellow in the bedding. And I would try to find other bee items to place in the room. 

I wish you luck with everything! And you have great taste!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"