Austin Babies
Options

In praise of washable crayons

We had a l-o-n-g day yesterday: ?DH had to work for a little while then had several hours off before playing a concert, so Daniel and I went in with him and we all spent the intervening hours at the zoo in DC. ?We had so much fun, but all this involved I don't even know how many city blocks of walking, a Metro (subway) ride involving two train changes, and of course walking all over the zoo. ?By the time the concert was over, we had dinner, and we drove home, we pulled into our driveway at midnight. ?So today I'm just exhausted. ?Daniel, unfortunately, is not.

I sat down to rest for a few minutes this afternoon and accidentally fell asleep. ?When I woke up, I discovered that Daniel had found a stray green crayon (the others were safely locked up) and eaten the whole. thing. ?And we're talking one of those fat triangular ones. ?And he ate it on the steps. ?Which are covered with the beautiful brand new carpet we had put in when we moved into our house a month ago. ?The three bottom steps were green. ?I cried.

Ten minutes, a vacuum, a damp towel, and a little Windex later, and the carpet's back to looking brand new! ?I think we should buy stock in Crayola.?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: In praise of washable crayons

• Options
    Been there done that with the eating of the crayon. You'll see it soon enough. Wink
  • Options

He's fine. ?That's a good question, though. ?And one that a better -- and less tired -- mommy probably would have addressed in her post before selfishly griping about her green carpet.

The whole reason we keep the crayons out of his reach now -- or at least try our best to -- is that he loves eating them so much. ?He's done it once before when we weren't looking, and the worst that happened was that his next poop was the color of that crayon (that time it was blue).

Hopefully he'll become more of a gourmand one of these first days and realize that crayons aren't, after all, delicious. ?Until then, crayons are a supervision-only toy. ?Except on days like today.?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"