Northern California Babies
Options

Weird- FB message from Ex's sisters

The sisters of my high school boyfriend sent me a facebook message.  They said they reminisce about me often, and fondly.  It seems so strange!  Ex was the youngest and the two sisters were older than him by a bit (already married when we dated).  I know his family wanted us to get married (even when I was in HS!), but didn't think they'd still be talking about me 15 years later! 

Ex was best friends with my brother (which is how we met) and I know they still keep in touch.  But our relationship was not good and I haven't spoken to him since 1993. 

Ex has been married for a long time now I think and had children too.  His wife was the first person he dated after me and I know his late mother liked me better.  Poor wife!

I realize now that our families (parents and siblings) really didn't get how destructive the relationship was for me, or how badly he treated me.  I didn't realize it at the time and certainly didn't talk about it with any of them.  I wonder if it would have changed their perceptions if I had.  Not something I want to be thinking about today!

Re: Weird- FB message from Ex's sisters

• Options
    That is so random that they still think of you so often AND sent you a FB message to tell you that. I feel sorry for your ex's wife. I guess I'd just take it as a compliment and try not to dwell on it too much since it's bringing up bad memories for you.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow... That's definitely strange. And I also feel bad for the wife.

You sure do leave a good impression, though. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member

Weird....

I wonder if they call his wife "Not Francie" (which is what her husband's family calls Nancy on Weeds because he didn't marry his previous girlfriend whom they liked better.)

It's nice that they think of you so fondly. Better than them sitting around doing tequila shots and hating on you, right? Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEmmieB:

Weird....

I wonder if they call his wife "Not Francie" (which is what her husband's family calls Nancy on Weeds because he didn't marry his previous girlfriend whom they liked better.)

It's nice that they think of you so fondly. Better than them sitting around doing tequila shots and hating on you, right? Wink

LOL...I was going to respond that maybe they were drunk facebooking.

• Options
    imageSeasonalCook:
    imageEmmieB:

Weird....

LOL...I was going to respond that maybe they were drunk facebooking.

I love the idea that they were drunk facebooking!  That would make me feel less ackward.  :)

• Options
    Funny.  I also got a friend request from my ex-HS BF's sister.  None of the same "we think about you" note... but still - weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"