Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Beta results : /

I recieved my 2nd beta results today 6/30- 280. My levels were 42 last Thur 6/25. I'm terrified because the numbers aren't doubling like they should be. I'm waiting to hear from my doctor on next steps.

Does anyone have encouraging words or a similar story that ended up in a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks!

Re: Beta results : /

• Options
    Your doubling time is 43.84 and normal doubling time is 48-72 hours.  Your fine.  Check one mine in my signy Fist one was 36.7 and Second 172 and I have a baby with a healthy heart beat.   If your still worried ask for another blood draw.  
    10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • Options
    did the second beta you got today get done today also?

in any case I think it's normal. After the first 6 weeks, you shouldn't expect the beta hcg to double as quickly.

Here is a quote I found on baby2see.com

"A single hCG value doesn't give enough information about the health or viability of the pregnancy. Within the first 2 - 4 weeks after fertilization, hCG usually doubles every 48 - 72 hours. That usually corresponds to hCG levels below 1200 IU. From 1200 - 6000, the hCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double. Above 6000 IU, the hCG often takes over four days to double. So, the rate of increase in hCG levels normally varies as a pregnancy progresses. hCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem with the pregnancy. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of hCG, and result in perfect babies."

Hope this helps.
    BFP #1 May 2000 ~ Darren was born Jan 13, 2001 ~ 6lbs 2oz 191/2" ~ 39 wks due to low fluid, otherwise perfect pregnancy
    July 2004 abnormal pap, colposcopy and LEEP procedure ~ paps every 3 months all normal for 1 year
    2006 all clear to start TTC
    HSG Nov 2007 ~ all normal except mild left tube blockage
    BFP #2 Dec 2007 EDD sept 3 ~ missed m/c ~ Feb 14 2008 ~ 9wk 2d D&C
    BFP #3 Apr 2008 EDD Dec 10 ~ ectopic ~ May 2008 ~ 5wk 2d ~ emergency lap surgery, lost left tube
    BFP #4 Jul 2008 EDD May 5 ~ missed m/c ~ Aug 2008 ~ 5wk 2d D&C - trisomy 16
    RPL panel Aug 2008 ~ diagnosed with compound hetero MTHFR
    BFP #5 Nov 2008 EDD Jul 31 ~ blighted Ovum ~ Dec 2008 ~ 4wk 3d ~ natural m/c at home for my birthday
    BFP #6 Feb 2009 EDD Oct 15 ~ 4wk 3d ~ chemical pregnancy ~ Mar 2008
    BFP #7 May 18 2009 ~ Gabriel Michael ~ Jan 19, 2010 ~ 7lbs 2oz 21"
    TTC again since Jan 2011
    BFP #8 Jun 2011 EDD Jan 20 ~ 5wk 6d ~ missed m/c ~ D&C
    July - Hysterscopy removed some polyps, all clear for IUI with clomid
    Aug-Oct - IUI - with Clomid all BFN
    Nov-Jan - IUI - with femara and trigger = BFN
    back to TTC naturally on our own hoping for another miracle.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
    Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you for your responses! It's making me feel a bit better....

Yes, the beta I got back today was drawn today at 11:00.

• Options

https://www.betabase.info/doublingCalc.php

Check out this site it will make you feel better,

10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • Options
    I think they sound fine.  They are doubling.  My first beta was only 46.  Stay positive!
  • Options
    ibisibis member
    They look like they're doubling to me. Saturday would have been around 84, Monday around 168, tomorrow around 336... so 280 on Tuesday looks perfect.
  • Options

You guys are so great- really!

I may have jumped the gun... got a call from my dr and she's pleased with the #s. I have an ultrasound appt for next week.

Thanks again for your advice/support :)

• Options
    imageJuneBug81:

You guys are so great- really!

I may have jumped the gun... got a call from my dr and she's pleased with the #s. I have an ultrasound appt for next week.

Thanks again for your advice/support :)

Too late to tell you your #s look great! *hugs* can't wait to hear how your u/s goes!

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"