3rd Trimester
Options

Do you ignore the phone/doorbell?

Do you ever ignore the phone or doorbell? I know I make DH crazy, but sometimes I just don't feel like answering. If it's important they can leave a message right? I don't ignore the doorbell if it's one of the neighbors, but we have a ton of door to door solicitation and I find it's easier to just pretend that they're not there.

Anybody else?

Re: Do you ignore the phone/doorbell?

• Options
    Yup, I love caller ID and the peep hole in my door.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH works nights, so I always ignore the door if he isn't home. I'm paranoid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I turn off the TV and hide whenever I see people in suits making their way to our front door. I just don't always have the energy to smile and be polite to strangers...so I ignore them :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    we have caller ID, so I will see who it is, but unless it is one of my parents or my DH, I never answer the phone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Since I am at home all day with DS, I only answer the door if I am expecting someone. I will answer the phone.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Options
    I am guilty of screening calls.  I also have been known to "not be home" when people stop by.  Depends on who it is, etc.
  • Options
    I ignore both all the time.  I don't want to be bothered sometimes.  Like you said the doorbell--it is usually solicitors, and the phone--they can leave a message.  Right now if I'm tired at all, they always get left unanswered.
  • Options
    We live in an area where people just don't drop by.  We don't use our home phone, but yes I absolutely ignore my cell phone.  I don't pick up if I don't know the number or if it's one of my girlfriends who have recently starting calling me daily and asking me "any progress?".
  • Options

I screen calls all the time. ?If a number comes up that I don't know, I never answer.

I have been known to ignore the door. ?Our 8 year old neighbor IS Dennis the Menace and he will knock and just walk right in and NEVER stop talking. ?I can't get rid of him!?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Options
    Isn't that what voicemail is for?  Sometimes you just don't want to/can't talk. 
  • Options
    i never answer the door unless i know someone is coming. i'm paranoid. usually it's the fed ex or ups guy, and they just leave the package at the door anyway. and i rarely ever answer my phone unless i really feel like talking. it's kind of bad, actually.
  • Options
    yep - both! even when it's obvious that i'm home (my bedroom light and tv are on) i still ignore the door, lol.?
  • Options
    I ignore phone calls, text messages and online comments (fb etc.) I've been getting way too many people asking about dd's arrival and whatnot. I'm so irritated that I either ignore and/or delete comments now.
  • Options

We have caller ID on the house phone, so yes, I do screen those.  We don't really have any visitors so I don't have to worry about that.

• Options

imageryry1977:
    I ignore both all the time.  I don't want to be bothered sometimes.  Like you said the doorbell--it is usually solicitors, and the phone--they can leave a message.  Right now if I'm tired at all, they always get left unanswered.

This

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I ignore the phone to. Not so much the door because no one comes but friends/ If I did see it looks like a solicitor I will ignore. I know one when I see one.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    afgafg member
    Yes, all the time
  • Options
    I ignore the doorbell a lot. If i don't see a UPS or FedEx truck outside I just go about my day!
  • Options

Constantly. I hate talking on the phone so usually I dont pick up unless its my mom haha.

• Options
    I have a caller ID that talks on the second ring to tell you who is calling and yes I have ignored it. 
  • Options
    We only use our cells...saves on money and calls we don't want to get anyways!!  As for the doorbell...I usually never answer it.  Not unless it's someone I know...and usually those people would be kind enough to announce themselves before coming over!
  • Options
    No one uses our home phone number except me and DH, so if it's not him I don't answer.  If I'm home alone I don't answer the door either - usually it's UPS or FedEx dropping off a package, but once it was a 20-something guy who I didn't recognize.  Definitely pretended like no one was home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options
    I don't answer the house phone, ever. If it's something important, that person will reach me on my cell. It drives me crazy to run to the house phone and have a telemarketer try to sell me the paper.
  • Options

I peek out of one of our windows if someone is at the door and we aren't expecting anyone.  If I don't know them I don't answer-but they usually knock or ring forrrrrreverrrrr.  I just hate getting suckered into new carpet cleaners. lol. 

When it comes to the house phone or my cell phone I do not answer if it is a private number. If it is important they will leave a message. 

• Options

DH and I ignore both. This bit us in the a$$ once - the person pounding on the door wanted to let us know that our outside pipe had burst and water was gushing from our house to the street. Ooops.

BIL, on the other hand, does answer the door for solicitors, and ended up with a great house water filtration system for $7,000.  Too bad he could have done some research instead and paid closer to $3,000.

• Options
    I never answer the house phone. Heck most of the time my phone is on vib. when DH is here so I dont answer that either. As for answering the door, we can see whoever is at the door via our downstairs bathroom lol so if its somebody I dont want to deal with I just don't answer. That or make DH do it and tell them I'm asleep or not feeling well :)
  • Options

We have a phone with talking caller id at home. We dont move until we hear the name. I usually only answer the phone when my parents, or brother and sister call.  Everyone else can leave a message or send me a text message and I'll respond that way. I'm not big on talking on the phone with folks unless it's my parents.

We dont get that many folks that come to the door, unless we already know they are coming.  Our front door is glass, but it's tinted.  So we can see out, but no one can see in.  If it's a door to door sales man I can walk right up to the door and see what they are selling and then turn right back around and go sit down, without them even knowing I was at the door.

Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  • Options
    We don't get a lot of doorbell rings so those I usually answer.  But I love my phone's caller ID, and sometimes I don't even check the ID but just let it go to voice mail.   If it is important they will leave a message.
  • Options

imageLilly923:
    DH works nights, so I always ignore the door if he isn't home. I'm paranoid.

Same... DH travels for work a week at a time and I don't answer the door unless I am expecting someone. Otherwise they can call or leave a note or something!

• Options
    I hate the door-to-door salesmen. I SAH, so they come a lot. I never answer the door unless it's someone I am expecting. They'll sit there and ring the doorbell forever. It's so annoying.
  • Options
    Yup. I do it ALL the time! Sometimes you just don't want to be bothered! I actually have the message on my voicemail that I may not be answering today so leave a message if its important. Seems to work, though it drives DH crazy as well.
  • Options
    I ignore phone calls a lot. If I don't recognize the number, I never answer it. If it's important they will leave a message.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"