Adoption
Options

HUGE NEWS! We were picked by a birth mom!!!!!

We found out yesterday morning that we were picked by a birth mom.  She is due soon...September!

We don't know a lot of details yet, but we are going to meet with the director of our agency this afternoon.  Then we'll meet the expectant mom next week!

Our heads are spinning - we barely slept - I can't keep a thought straight in my head!  We are SO EXCITED! 

We'll know more later on, but I just wanted to share.  I don't even know what to ask, what to say....I'll take any advice if you have any!

Wendy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HUGE NEWS! We were picked by a birth mom!!!!!

• Options
    So exciting -- congratulations Wendy!!
  • Options
    OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I have goosebumps for you!!!!!!!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    THAT IS AMAZING!!! Congratulations!!!!!
    Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options
    OMG!! How exciting!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options

Thanks!!!!

I just reread my post and now I'm crying!!!  I think I wondered if we would ever get to write those words, you know?

I'm just so happy!

• Options
    That is so wonderful!!!  Congratulations!
  • Options

Oooooo I am so excited for you! That is really awesome! It wasn't that long ago that you were working on your profile right?

Good for you guys! Details as soon as you can!

• Options
    OMG I am so very excited for you!!!!! Congratulations. September is very close. Please remember to KUP.
  • Options
    Congrats--that's amazing! Guess you'll be taking fall semester off?
  • Options

OMG that is so amazing! What great news.

I'm trying to think of advice on what kinds of questions to ask. When we were picked (or considering H's case) I asked a lot about his siblings and the circumstances around him being given up for adoption. Anything they know about his prenatal care and health. Family history. What kind of adoption she wants.?

You don't have to ask all of those! Just ideas. We didn't get some of the answers until the day before or even after he was born. ?

• Options
    imagejacksjerseygirl:

Oooooo I am so excited for you! That is really awesome! It wasn't that long ago that you were working on your profile right?

Good for you guys! Details as soon as you can!

Jacks - we finished our profile/homestudy in December.  It's been 6 months and two weeks!  Our caseworker said she can't believe how fast this happened...we were told it could be up to 2 years!

• Options

imagenoonecarewhoiam:
    Congrats--that's amazing! Guess you'll be taking fall semester off?

I guess so!  I am waiting until I know more info and then I'm going to tell my boss and coworkers...I'm posting this here, but not on my blog or on FB just yet, you know?

• Options
    imagePSU-NCBride:

OMG that is so amazing! What great news.

I'm trying to think of advice on what kinds of questions to ask. When we were picked (or considering H's case) I asked a lot about his siblings and the circumstances around him being given up for adoption. Anything they know about his prenatal care and health. Family history. What kind of adoption she wants. 

You don't have to ask all of those! Just ideas. We didn't get some of the answers until the day before or even after he was born.  

Thanks so much!  I think thy are going to talk about all the things you mentioned from what our caseworker said.

• Options

Yay!

No advice, but congratulations!

• Options
    YAAAY!!! Congratulations!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    WOWOOWWOOOOOWWWWW that is wonderful news!!!!  I can't wait to hear all about it...........and OMG SEPTEMBER is right around the corner!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!
  • Options
    YEAH!  Super excited for you!!  Keep us posted as things progress and you get more info!
  • Options
    Wendy!!! It's Lisa(skyangel) from AT!(I am dipping my toe back into the bump, slowly) Congrats!!! I am so excited for you and your husband! September will be here so soon!
  • Options
    yay!!!! How fabulous! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!
  • Options
    Great news - so EXCITING!!!!!  Can't wait to hear more details.  Congrats
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!
  • Options
    Congratulations! ?Can't wait to hear more!
  • Options

YEAH!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you...I hope you don't mind but your SIL shared this news with me yesterday..i was just waiting for you to say something so i could congratulate you! I have said many many prayers for you guys and i am so happy they were finally answered Smile

September is sooooo close! I can't wait to hear all the details..Do you know if it is a boy or a girl yet? Can't wait to hear all the fabulous details

• Options
    How exciting!  Good luck to you. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

OHMYGOSH!!! WENDY!! that is so great! i am so excited for you!!!

congrats momma to be!

• Options

HUGE congrats to you and your DH!!!  I can't wait to hear the details!!!

Congrats again, 

Nicole

• Options

OMG, Wendy, I am so excited for you!!!!!

I hope this is a great situation for you guys and everything goes smoothly!

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    CONGRATS!  That is great news.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hooray!  So happy for you!

No real advice because I know you'll do great when you meet the birth mom.  Just enjoy and be yourself.  :-)

This is really just the beginning of a wonderful adventure.  I'm sending prayers for a smooth road.

• Options
    oh my gosh!!!!!!  yay!!!!!!!!!! Hang on for a fun ride!!!!  :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • Options

imagelisanjay:
    Wendy!!! It's Lisa(skyangel) from AT!(I am dipping my toe back into the bump, slowly) Congrats!!! I am so excited for you and your husband! September will be here so soon!

Hi Lisa!  I haven't posted anything on AT yet!  I barely had time to post this before our meeting...

Thanks so much!

• Options
    imageJin'sWifey:

YEAH!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you...I hope you don't mind but your SIL shared this news with me yesterday..i was just waiting for you to say something so i could congratulate you! I have said many many prayers for you guys and i am so happy they were finally answered Smile

September is sooooo close! I can't wait to hear all the details..Do you know if it is a boy or a girl yet? Can't wait to hear all the fabulous details

Hi!!!!  Oh, that's nice that she told you. :)  Thank you so much for all the prayers!

No, we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet -- maybe we'll find out next week when we meet the expectant mom.  I think I want to know!

• Options

Our meeting went really well - I still have to call our family and let them know!

We signed our initial paperwork,so things are getting started....

We'll meet the expectant mom next week on Thursday...how am I going to get through until then??? 

• Options
    This is AWESOME news, Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very excited for you!!!! :)
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options
    That is wonderful news!!
  • Options
    congratulations! Wonderful news!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    smeyersmeyer member
    Oh, Wendy, I'm *thrilled* for you guys!!  What wonderful news!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"