Multiples

Strange fear

We found out last week that one of the twins is definitely a girl and the other one is most likely a girl too.  Since then I've been freaking out about mixing them up.  I'm curious, how do you tell your babies apart?

Re: Strange fear

• For us it isn't too hard since they are fraternal and definetly look different from each other (at least to me and DH)...but I was paranoid I wouldn't be able to tell them apart at first so we kept their hospital bracelets on ...and would have painted one of their toenails if we were still having trouble later...no worries - you will be fine! (but I definetly shared your fear!)
  • ha ha ha! don't worry, you probably won't. but we kept the boys' hospital bracelets on as long as we could. and we always put them in the crib in the same order. eventually, we noticed small differences that helped.

but, yours might be fraternal, in which case you shouldn't have a problem!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I appreciate the reassurance.  I hadn't thought about the hospital bracelets.  The doctors keep saying that they are fraternal, but I'm scared I still won't be able to tell them apart.  I guess its just the crazy pregnancy hormones :)
  • I'm sure you'll be able to with time but you can do the bracelet thing or painting a toenail or 2 a certain color to help...!?
  • My Dr.s are pretty confident that my girls are fraternal too and I'm afraid it'll take me awhile to be able to tell them apart also.  DH said he has NO fear.  I was like YOU SUCK haha I guess I"ll just have to trust myself. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"