Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

XP: I have my F/U today.....and a few quest.

We find out the results of the genetic tests they performed on the fetus.

I have had 1 chemical and 1 m/c-I am wondering if it is reasonable to ask for an RPL? I have heard they usually wait until after 3 m/cs.......

I guess I won't really know what else to ask until I find out what the actual issue is but can anyone offer any guidance about anything else I should be aware of or other tests I should be asking for? I do have crohn's (an autoimmune) and a friend suggested I be tested for lupus

I have a feeling I am just going to get the "This is just common for women your age" comment.

Thanks.........

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: I have my F/U today.....and a few quest.

• Options

They do normally wait until you have had 3 losses, my doctor did ask if I wanted the testing.  But, I declined my 2 losses were so completely different that I didn't think it would have mattered for me.

I don't know when your losses were but you can ask if it's a progesterone problem or a clotting problem...all of these things though would be tested with the recurring m/c testing.

Good luck today, I hope you get some answers.

Can I ask too, how long have you been waiting for your results?  It's been 7 weeks for me and I still haven't heard anything.

DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your losses. Most docs are very reasonable these days and will do the RPL workup after two losses.  I would especially consider it for you since you've already done three rounds of IVF.  Did they do PGD???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

3ltlones....Sorry for your loss also. My D & C was 5/7 and I am just talking w/ the Dr. now. I was told by a nurse that the results were in and there was a abnormality, but apparently, at my clinic they want your HCG to get to 0 before they schedule the f/u. That was only 3 weeks ago for me. I called as soon as it was 0 and took the 1st available appt. I was also told it is the patient responsibility to call.

Can you call your Dr. for the results?

Thanks for the reply and I hope you get some answers soon, too.

• Options
    I_am_DCA- thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for your losses, too. I did not have PGD but I bet the Dr. will suggest it next. We did cycle#3 at NYU (they specialize in PGD) and when I 1st met with my RE, he said it wasn't necessary and to wait to see what kind of quality embies he could get us. (It was horrible quality at the 1st clinic) I am really hoping he will go for the RPL......
  • Options

Definitely push for the RPL workup. And I would push for PGD next time. I suspect within the next 10 years all IVF cycles with do PGD. 

Good luck to you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"