Austin Babies
Options

Baby/Toddler Cold Medicine RAVE

If you're like me, it breaks your heart every time your kid gets a cold and can't breather for all the snot filling her head. And you can't give them a decongestant, humidifiers only do so much, and your back hurts from sleeping upright with your baby on your chest. (We used to use the car seat, but she moves around too much now)

We have two things we use, with really good results. The first is a homeopathic made by Boericke & Tafel- Children's Alpha CF. They are sublingual tablets so they dissolve immediately, and taste kinda sweet. Hadley loves them, and they work really really well. Within about 15 minutes you can see her nose has dried up and she's breathing clearer. I give her a half dose (1 tablet), and only when I can tell the first has worn off. They usually last about 5 to 6 hours. Doesn't do anything for fever, but when she has just a cold it works wonders.

Second one (the one we were having issues with last night) is Wish Garden Herbs Cold Symptoms for kids. It's herbal, and liquid. It doesn't taste nasty, just kind of herbal and sweet. DD was miserable on Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, and yesterday. She was congested, slightly feverish, and very low energy (read: not lethargic, but not moving or playing at all). Within 10 minutes of getting this stuff down her she was visibly improved. She was still slightly feverish.

Last night I gave her Tylenol and the Wish Garden- she fell right to sleep and slept for 8 hours straight. Sunday night she slept no more than 20 minutes at a stretch, on my chest all night long (well, except for when she decided to roll off my arm and I thought she rolled off the bed. I was wrong, she was just on the other side of the pillow. Other than that 20 minute stretch she was on top of me). And for those of you that don't know, DD still wakes up once a night, sometimes twice so sleeping for 8 hours straight is awesome under normal circumstances let alone when she's sick!

So there's my hearty recommendation for Wish Garden and Alpha CF!

Re: Baby/Toddler Cold Medicine RAVE

• Options
    I wish I would have had those last time Abby was sick! We'll have to have some on hand for next time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Where can you buy this stuff? Kids have been okay lately but Nicolas has allergies sometimes and the congestion is awful. We haven't found anything that relieves the congestion so they can rest.

ETA: And I'm predicting that since I said the kids have been okay lately one will be getting sick soon.  That's just the law of mommy world.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whole Foods has both of them. The Wish Garden is about $11, the Alpha CF is about $8.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recs.  DD has allergies (seasonal) and I really don't like giving her allergy meds every day but also know she needs something to help her. 
  • Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    Good to know! Ben is congested and coughy right now.  He's not running a fever but I know it's hard for him to sleep when he's so snotty.  Where can you get these two remedies?
  • Options
    Writing this down now for DD. Thanks for posting this!
  • Options
    How young do you think you can give these. DD is 11 1/2 months. Is this to young? She is so congested right now I would love to give her some relief.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"