Cincinnati Babies
Options

Early potty training??

I wrote about this in the weekly update post...

Lucas has been pointing to his diaper when he is going or has gone potty. He points to the front if he pees and the back if he poops, so it seems like he understands what's going on. He wakes up from naps dry, and has a pretty predictable pooping schedule.

Does anyone have any experience with early potty training? Is it too early to even think about this? Should I get a potty chair to simply introduce him to it without pressuring him to actually use it? Any suggestions?

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Early potty training??

• Options

I don't think that it is a bad idea. Rylee was pulling at her diaper when she was 13months. We went out and bought a potty seat and a ring for the toilet, she has used it a couple of times and we are paying close attention to what is going on. I have been letting her run around for an hour or so a day and when she says pee we take her to the potty, MOST of the time she doesn't but sometimes she does.

She also takes her diaper off when she pees so we think it is a good time, so we are going with it. No pressure at this time, but we are going with the flow. I am going to go and buy a book in the next couple of weeks because I don't want to miss a window. My sisters son was really into the potty at around 15months and she thought it was to early waited until 19months and it was really hard. He was pretty much PT at 23months with a few accidents here and there, and he wakes at night to let her know that he has to go.

• Options

I am terrified of potty training but I do want to start soon... although Ben has no idea of when he's peeing etc. I wouldn't even know where to start!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"