Pregnant after 35
Options

Can someone recommend their carseat?

I swear I bought the latest version of baby bargains.  I read it in bed one night (BORING!) and fell asleep.  When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't find it.  Seems it had slipped between the headboard and the mattress and is now behind the bed, and I can't reach it.  (I promise, I am not making this up.)  I really don't want to have to move the bed to get it, so I am hoping someone can recommend a safe carseat or travel system.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can someone recommend their carseat?

• Options

Baby Bargains gives the highest rating/recommendation, based on price, safety and functionality, to the Graco Snugride or Snugride 32 (as far as infant seats go).  There are a couple of others that they also like, but this one has gotten their recommendation for the past couple of years.  I don't have my book in front of me right now (it's at home), but if you need more info, I could look it up for you.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

Too funny! Hopefully, you'll find your book soon. Although it's not stimulating reading, Baby Bargains has definitely been my bible lately.

I am going with the Graco SnugRide 32. It was highly rated in BB. I was a bit limited because I needed something that would work with the BOB stroller that we got.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Based on BB recomendations I went with the Chicco stroller travel system in Discovery.  BB does really like Graco but they also give Chicco just as high of ratings because the stroller is about 8-9 lbs lighter then the gracco systems and breaksdown very easy. The chicco has the Keyfit 30. I didn't that one but basically the only differance is my seat only goes to 22lbs but the keyfit 30 goes to 30 lbs.

Now we also bought for DH's car the fairly new Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat - Liberty. BB really liked it.  They love the britax seats best but for a less pricey alternative they also rated this seat really high not only for safty (side impact tested etc) but also because it can grow with the baby (5ilbs infant seat - to 100 lb booster seat).  It also has 4 reclining positions. I personally love this because now we don't have to keep going out and buying new seats everytime the child grows.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    imageKD288:

Based on BB recomendations I went with the Chicco stroller travel system in Discovery.  BB does really like Graco but they also give Chicco just as high of ratings because the stroller is about 8-9 lbs lighter then the gracco systems and breaksdown very easy. The chicco has the Keyfit 30. I didn't that one but basically the only differance is my seat only goes to 22lbs but the keyfit 30 goes to 30 lbs.

Now we also bought for DH's car the fairly new Evenflo Symphony Convertible Car Seat - Liberty. BB really liked it.  They love the britax seats best but for a less pricey alternative they also rated this seat really high not only for safty (side impact tested etc) but also because it can grow with the baby (5ilbs infant seat - to 100 lb booster seat).  It also has 4 reclining positions. I personally love this because now we don't have to keep going out and buying new seats everytime the child grows.

Hope this helps!

We bought the Chicco also. It received really high ratings in BB.

• Options
    So I'm new at this.  But when I saw this post I was like "great, car seats I'm going to need one of those".  So I look up the Graco SnugRide on Amazon.com to get a price estimate and there is a wide price range (like $100 difference) in this carseat.  The Tango in the Tongo version was $80 and then the Montreal was closer to $200.  Are these just color differences or actual model differences? So confusing. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Options

Our carseat is the Chicco KeyFit 30, which came with our travel system. The style we got was Fuego: https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/travel-systems/cortina-30lb-systems/travel-systems-30-fuego.aspx

A lot of people are against travel systems, but we found it more economical to get together ($329.99 list price) and like that the Chicco car seat was so highly rated and that the Cortina stroller holds a child up to 50 lbs. It really isn't too bulky (a usual complaint about travel system strollers) and it handles really well.

We considered the Graco Snugride 32 (with travel system) but didn't care for the Graco stroller as much.

We're getting an extra base for my DH's car this weekend or the next. Buy Buy Baby carries it and the 20% coupon is valid for it. Too bad there aren't many of those stores around.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

This sounds like something I need to get... is "Baby Bargains" a book or a magazine?!?!  I've never heard of it, maybe we don't have it here in Canada.  I'm definitely going to look in to it.

• Options
    Its a book, and I bought mine from amazon.com.  The newest version is the 8th edition. 
  • Options

Excellent! Thanks Shelley!  I just ordered it and Baby 411.  Can't wait to get them and start reading Smile

• Options
    We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 travel system and love it.  It's super easy to use and not really that heavy or bulky to move in and out of our cars/trunk.  We were all set to buy the Graco travel system but 7 hours before we were to go and buy it, my water broke.  DD was born 6 weeks early and was too small for the Graco infant seat.  When we took her home she only weighed a little over 4 pounds and the Graco seat was for 5 -30 lbs.  The Chicco is for 4-30 lbs.  Just something to think about, as a kink can happen to even the best of plans.
  • Options
    Chicco Sugfit30 also in Fuego.  Ellen DeGeneres gave it for free, so it should be pretty safe.
  • Options

imageredheadedgirl:
    So I'm new at this.  But when I saw this post I was like "great, car seats I'm going to need one of those".  So I look up the Graco SnugRide on Amazon.com to get a price estimate and there is a wide price range (like $100 difference) in this carseat.  The Tango in the Tongo version was $80 and then the Montreal was closer to $200.  Are these just color differences or actual model differences? So confusing. Any help would be appreciated!

Yeah, it's a little confusing with the different prices. It should all be the same model. I found that Amazon will price the same item differently for each style for some reason. Maybe they got a deal from the manufacturer on certain styles or something.

• Options
    I didn't consult BB before we chose our travel system, but I did read all the specs and a ton of reviews.  We ended up choosing the Graco Quatro Deluxe Travel System with the Snugride 32 car seat (glad to hear it's highly rated).  It is definitely a heavier car seat and a bulkier stroller, but we live in a snowy climate and I will need to be able to push it thru snowy/icy sidewalks all winter.  Also, I don't plan on carrying a 20lb baby around in the car seat, so the extra couple of lbs it weighs over some of the smaller models doesn't really bother me.  It's safe and that's what matters.  I also love the look of the travel system and think the stroller will work great for us.  When the baby gets a bit older, we may get an umbrella stroller for travelling, so it takes up alot less space in the car, but we'll cross that bridge later.
  • Options
    I really liked my Graco Snug Ride and that's been such a popular choice that it fits in many strollers, even strollers not made by Graco. It also fits on the grocery carts of many grocery stores (something you don't think of at the time you're buying it, but something that's important if you're the one who does the shopping each week!).
  • Options
    imagesmileygirl75:

Excellent! Thanks Shelley!  I just ordered it and Baby 411.  Can't wait to get them and start reading Smile

Thread jack--sorry! Baby 411 was my bible with my first one!! Easiest and most practical baby "manual" out there! Love it and bought the newest edition for baby #2!! Dr. Ari Brown, one of the main authors, is also still a practicing pedi in my town of Austin. Impossible to get into her practice now of course!

• Options
    sorry, a little late here, but I bought the GRACO Snugride (w/ 2 bases) in the "Little Lamb" design from Target.  I had to purchase an adaptor for the UPPA baby stroller but that was only like $36.00, so no biggie.  The best thing about this car seat is that it's only 7 lbs!!  I also have purchased a convertible car seat for later on.
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"