Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

good evening ladies.

the board is really slow right now. but i wanted to share with you my remedy for the blues:

combine 1 beer with 2 episodes of the dog whisperer. sprinkle on some peanut carmel clusters, and ta da, you have a mood slightly better than depression.

so how is everyone tonight? what's on your minds? i hope everyone had as good a day as possible.

Re: good evening ladies.

• Options

Being I have only been home for 2 hours (about) from the hospital, I am relaxing , sipping on some much missed cola- trying to determine if im more angry/hurt than sad.

Other than that, just put our daughter to bed, and taking some much needed "me" time. I cant even take a shower until tomorrow (per doctors orders) ugh and I feel gross.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

hhhm... I have different recipe: (I"m Irish, lol)

3 glasses of wine, one huge glass of water and 3 advil, some DMB really loud, like you're at an outdoor concert, and wash it all down with some swear words and nasty emails you want to, but don't, send.

Cheers!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am okay since DH and I did the deed last night for the first time in 4 months!
  • Options

Hmmm... those recipes sound pretty good, however, I may be tempted to mix in a healthy dose of M&Ms

I am having a difficult night, I was informed tonight that my sister, her husband, their three children and their dog will be visiting this weekend and staying at our house.  Under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem, however, I'm in the process of starting a new job, I've got a paper due for my graduate class next week and I'm still dealing with the emotional aftermath of my miscarriage which.  Which by the way occured a week and a half ago and none of my family is aware of.  

I mentioned to my sister that this might not be a good weekend for us and asked her to make arrangements with another member of our family.... apparently that request has been ignored.   *sigh*

• Options
    imageCanonMom:

Being I have only been home for 2 hours (about) from the hospital, I am relaxing , sipping on some much missed cola- trying to determine if im more angry/hurt than sad.

Other than that, just put our daughter to bed, and taking some much needed "me" time. I cant even take a shower until tomorrow (per doctors orders) ugh and I feel gross.

i knooooow, it sucks and it's going to suck for awhile... i still debate whether i'm more angry or sad sometimes. but then there are other days when i feel like i'm me again, even though i always miss and think of my little 'nut. i know it's hard right now, and it will take some time, but i hope that you will eventually start having better days. *hugs*

• Options
    imageDavezWife:

hhhm... I have different recipe: (I"m Irish, lol)

3 glasses of wine, one huge glass of water and 3 advil, some DMB really loud, like you're at an outdoor concert, and wash it all down with some swear words and nasty emails you want to, but don't, send.

Cheers!

yeah i'm on my third beer now and i ran out of dog whisperer episodes.

• Options

imageMrs.Boolie:
    I am okay since DH and I did the deed last night for the first time in 4 months!

• Options
    imagewigirl2007:

Hmmm... those recipes sound pretty good, however, I may be tempted to mix in a healthy dose of M&Ms

I am having a difficult night, I was informed tonight that my sister, her husband, their three children and their dog will be visiting this weekend and staying at our house.  Under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem, however, I'm in the process of starting a new job, I've got a paper due for my graduate class next week and I'm still dealing with the emotional aftermath of my miscarriage which.  Which by the way occured a week and a half ago and none of my family is aware of.  

I mentioned to my sister that this might not be a good weekend for us and asked her to make arrangements with another member of our family.... apparently that request has been ignored.   *sigh*

yeah, that sounds pretty rough. just make sure they don't expect you to entertain them. you have a lot on your plate right now, and you don't need to be apologetic for that. i really hope it works out though-- i hope it's a good weekend!

• Options
    Thanks!  It will work itself out one way or another.  I am actually really looking forward to the weekend.  Some extended family, including a cousin I am VERY close with are coming to visit for the weekend from Arizona.  We will have a fun filled holiday weekend full of family and good times, and when I look on the brightside of things, I can even have some cocktails!  Big Smile
  • Options

Hey there . . . your recipe sounds pretty good, as does that of Davezwife.  Well, I will be home from work in about a half hour so things will be better then.  I have to stay late and try to fax mountains of insurance paperwork to our "health reimbursement plan".  I just have to get the paperwork faxed and not even think about the amounts of money that I see on the page.  It makes me too angry.  $400 for the doctor that stopped by my room for 5 minutes to chat?  If only I could charge those fees, then we vets would be pretty darn happy.  I can't even get a 1/4th of that for an hour long consultation.  I know, i know, people are different.

Anyway, other than that, just waiting on AF.  I think I might go home and drown my sorrows in a bottle of Pinot Grigio and read one of my paranormal romance novels (guilty pleasure).

I hope that you're feeling a little bit better, someflower.  And I hope the rest of you ladies have a wonderful night.  Maybe I'll get to log on later and chat.

• Options
    imagesinisterkat01:

Hey there . . . your recipe sounds pretty good, as does that of Davezwife.  Well, I will be home from work in about a half hour so things will be better then.  I have to stay late and try to fax mountains of insurance paperwork to our "health reimbursement plan".  I just have to get the paperwork faxed and not even think about the amounts of money that I see on the page.  It makes me too angry.  $400 for the doctor that stopped by my room for 5 minutes to chat?  If only I could charge those fees, then we vets would be pretty darn happy.  I can't even get a 1/4th of that for an hour long consultation.  I know, i know, people are different.

Anyway, other than that, just waiting on AF.  I think I might go home and drown my sorrows in a bottle of Pinot Grigio and read one of my paranormal romance novels (guilty pleasure).

I hope that you're feeling a little bit better, someflower.  And I hope the rest of you ladies have a wonderful night.  Maybe I'll get to log on later and chat.

i heart the twilight books and i'm not ashamed to say it.

not so much a fan of the movie, though.

• Options
    imagesomeflower6:

i heart the twilight books and i'm not ashamed to say it.

not so much a fan of the movie, though.

Ah, but this obsession goes way past the Twilight series ;)  I like an author named J.R. Ward and the books about "The Black Dagger Brotherhood", but it is quite a bit more adult than the former.  Embarrassed

BTW, just read your previous post, I'm glad things went ok with the OB.

• Options

Hey, i hope everyone has had a good day.Smile

I went in for my D&C this morning.. I'm happy that everything went really well. So far i am experiencing barely any bleeding and no cramps. I havent had to take one pain pill all day. Plus i am soo hungry.. getting my appetite back i suppose?

I will probably take tomorrow off from work then go back Wednesday. Ugg.. lol  

• Options

Those sound like pretty good recipes to me!

I had AF return, for the first time since my d&c, on Saturday.  I'm glad my body is getting back to normal, but AF has been like a harsh reminder that I'm really not PG anymore.  It's just been a rough couple days.  No real reason, just down.  I'm blaming hormones!!

• Options
    imageBriAZ:

I went in for my D&C this morning.. I'm happy that everything went really well. So far i am experiencing barely any bleeding and no cramps. I havent had to take one pain pill all day. Plus i am soo hungry.. getting my appetite back i suppose?

I'm glad that things are going well for you, and I hope you continue to be pretty pain free.  Sorry that you have to go back to work Wed. - any chance you could take an extra day for youself?  That being said, I went back 2 days after, and it was ok.  Take care.

• Options
    Now that you mention it, I can say the days are getting easier finally.  After almost seven weeks, I haven't cried in almost a week. It's about time I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    I'm coming in late, but following up with 3 ever refreshing micro brews and some amazing homemade Persian food. Nothing better.
  • Options
    imagesinisterkat01:
    imageBriAZ:

I'm glad that things are going well for you, and I hope you continue to be pretty pain free.  Sorry that you have to go back to work Wed. - any chance you could take an extra day for youself?  That being said, I went back 2 days after, and it was ok.  Take care.

yeah i agree with sinister... go back when you're ready to, but no need to rush it. i went back right away, and then i had some pain issues (they did not show up until a few days post d&c) and i wound up taking all of the next week off! it was actually really nice to have some time to myself after all that drama. i hope you continue to feel better!

• Options
    imageTeenyLilac:

Those sound like pretty good recipes to me!

I had AF return, for the first time since my d&c, on Saturday.  I'm glad my body is getting back to normal, but AF has been like a harsh reminder that I'm really not PG anymore.  It's just been a rough couple days.  No real reason, just down.  I'm blaming hormones!!

it's definitely rough, and it is a harsh reminder about the lack of pregnancy. and of course, hormones-- mine were so bad yesterday, i was a mess. but i really hope the hormones ease up a bit and you can feel a little better today.

• Options

imageMarieGranados:
    Now that you mention it, I can say the days are getting easier finally.  After almost seven weeks, I haven't cried in almost a week. It's about time I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

that's really awesome.

• Options

imageCan't Wait To Be A Mama:
    I'm coming in late, but following up with 3 ever refreshing micro brews and some amazing homemade Persian food. Nothing better.

it's 7:30am, and i could go for all of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"