Baby Names
Options

Over popular?

So I made a post earlier about our top three name choices and to refresh they are Jackson Sawyer, Jack Austin and Sawyer Michael. Anyway, I really love the name Jack but I know it is becoming very popular right now. Someone even posted that they have to go by their last names in class because there are soo many. Even if I named him Jackson, Id call him Jack so its like...ugh! I dont want my kid to be one in ten Jacks in class, you know?! So I want your opinion: Is Jack just way too popular right now? Should I maybe go with Sawyer Michael or our 4th choice Austin Michael? What do you ladies think? Thanks again !!!!  :) That being said which is your favorite of the four if you havent voted earlier?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Over popular?

• Options

i loved the name jack 8-10 years ago when it wasn't popular.  now it is sooooooo popular.  my friend is a kindergarten teacher...and she has 5 "Jacks" in her class.

i like Austin and Sawyer

• Options
    ctanactana member

I adore Jackson but I'd be apt to call him Jackson vs Jack. But you're right, it's awful popular right now unfortunately.

Love Sawyer. Austin is NMS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member

1. would you rather have the best name out of the four?  if this is most important to you, then i would choose jack (then austin, sawyer, and jackson)

or

2. would you rather have the most unique name out of the four?  if this is most important to you, then i would choose sawyer (then austin, jackson, and jack).

• Options
    Jack/Jackson/Jaxon is really popular. I know at least 3 little boys under age 2 who have the name. It's cute, but so popular right now.
    Blank!
  • Options
    Yes, it's popular, but it isn't trendy. Jack is a classic. I absolutely love it. I say go with Jack!
  • Options
    I would use Jack/ Jackson.  If you like it, then who cares?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i love sawyer and austin!
  • Options
    way too popular but sawyer is getting that way, too.
  • Options
    Go with Sawyer or Austin, I love them both. But Jack is VERY popular right now...he will definitely not be the only one in his kindergarten class.
  • Options
    I love the name Jack. I think Jack Austin is a great name. But if you are worried about popularity, Sawyer Michael would be my vote.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would honestly look at the SSA list for your state. See how popular the name Jack is in IL... that may help you decide. I have found that sometimes names on here seem more popular than they are IRL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jack Austin. I don't mind popular names for boys. Sawyer is my second choice.
  • Options

Do you realize that all 3 of those names are combinations of LOST character names?

Jack, Sawyer, Kate Austin, and Michael...

Just sayin'.

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Options
    imageKateysomething:

Do you realize that all 3 of those names are combinations of LOST character names?

?Jack, Sawyer, Kate Austin, and Michael...

Just sayin'.

This is all I could think of when I saw the names :). haha. I was going to suggest John, Jacob, Ben, Miles & Walt too...Hurley might be pushing it.

I think Jack is super popular (in my real life & with ppl in various states, not sure about on here) so if you don't want super popular, I'd stay away from that. Sawyer's the least popular & Austin used to be really big but I think it not as trendy anymore so that is probably safe too. ?

• Options

And remember what is popular on these boards does not necessarily reflect popularity in your region. 

I don't know a single Jack or Jackson in our area but there are countless Austins.  So to me, Austin is way more popular than Jackson.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOVE Austin
  • Options
    go with Sawyer...it's such a cool name and he won't be one of 5.  Of all of your choices I think it has the highest cool quotient. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"