Stay at Home Moms
Options

Got my Kirby!

A few weeks back I asked if anyone had an opinion about the Kirby vacuum. I had a salesman here and I fell in love with it... but just didn't want to shell out $1200-$1800 for it. So, I finally got the guy out the door and then went to craigslist and got an almost brand new one for $320!!! It's awesome! It even comes with the shampooer and two million other attachments... even a paint sprayer and massager! The lady I got it from used to live in a large ranch home on 5 acres and sadly they just found out her dh has terminal cancer and so they ended up moving into a 55+ community where the maintanece is handled for them and her new home is 2 stories and she said she's getting to old to carry it up/down stairs. The model I got is the exact one that they are currently selling and she paid $1400 for it less than 2 years ago.

Anyway, I know that we all love to talk about saving money and I was so excited that I saved over a grand on my Kirby!

I love to vacuum and it's so nice to have one that makes my house super clean and I know that it'll keep working for pretty much forever (vs the cheapo vacuums that I end up buying every year).

And on a side note, yes it is heavier than other vacuums, but honestly I don't think it's that much heavier than most of the other vacuums I've had.

LOVE IT!!!

Re: Got my Kirby!

• Options
    JEALOUS!!!!  I want one!!!  I am goign to ask for a used one for Xmas.  How big of a loser am I for wanting a vacuum for Christmas???  I love to vacuum, too!!!  Everything I've read says a used Kirby trumps most brand new vacs and they la/st forever.
  • Options
    Congrats!  I used to sell them when I was MUCH younger - they're awesome vacuums, but yeah - would never pay full price for one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

wow at $320 i would definitely get one!!!

the salesperson around here was charging $1800. what a rip-off.

• Options
    My bday and my dh's bday were 2 days apart in June, so we decided to say that the Kirby was our gift to each other. lol. Basically it was just an excuse to buy it. Not that dh will ever use it, but I think he's tired of me blowing money year after year on crappy vacs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"