TTC after 35
Options

Lap Question

Happy Monday everyone :)

I am having my lap next Wednesday - I'm due for AF on Thursday and I suppose there is a chance I got PG this cycle, but I won't be able to tell until (probably) after surgery.  I'm thinking that if by chance I am PG, they would not go through with the surgery, yes?  Will they test before I go in just to make sure?  I would hope so as I can't imagine all that poking and prodding would be good for an embie!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lap Question

• Options
    I had 2 laps and they did a pregnancy blood test before both of them.  For the one I was literally in the OR and they called in "OK, good to go".  Lovely reminder just before.  But anyway, yes, they should make sure.  They did for my gallbladder surgery too, so I think it's standard.  GL and I hope you won't need the lap for the best reason!
  • Options

Hi!

I had to go in for a blood test the day before my surgery.  They should either do it when you are admitted (if it's a big med ctr) or ask you to go a few days before for bloodwork.

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!  I have a pre-op appointment a few days ahead of time so hopefully they will do it there.  I'd rather have it done a day or so before than go through all the check-in hassle only to find out surgery is a no go.  Actually I take that back.  If the reason for the no go is a BFP, I'll take it!
  • Options
    I give anesthesia for surgery for a living.  They will test you on the morning of your surgery.  If you are pg, obviously, your case will be canceled.  We never take a woman back for surgery without an HCG test first.  I am hoping yours comes back BFP and you can tell a funny story when you get home.  Much luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am having one today..they did a serum pg test on thursday. I was told no unprotected sex this month...we were instructed to use a barrier method for the entire month. So I know it won't be canceled...

HTH

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    imagebaze2:

I am having one today..they did a serum pg test on thursday. I was told no unprotected sex this month...we were instructed to use a barrier method for the entire month. So I know it won't be canceled...

HTH

Good luck today!!!

• Options

imagehav2run:
    I give anesthesia for surgery for a living.  They will test you on the morning of your surgery.  If you are pg, obviously, your case will be canceled.  We never take a woman back for surgery without an HCG test first.  I am hoping yours comes back BFP and you can tell a funny story when you get home.  Much luck to you!

Thanks for the info :)  I hope so too!

• Options

Here's hoping there's a change in plans and you get a BFP the day of your lap.

Good luck with whatever the future holds for you next Wednesday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"