2nd Trimester
Options

Removing a toe ring?

DH tried to help me take off my permanent toe ring yesterday and it didn't go too well. We tried Windex b/c that was what was recommended when they put it on.  I really don't want to have this cut off as it was my honeymoon present!  Anyone have tips on how to force this thing off without major amounts of pain?  Thanks!

BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Removing a toe ring?

• Options
    the word permanent makes me think it may not come out so easily...ask a dr.
  • Options
    Ok, I gotta know what a Permanent Toe Ring is????
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know what a permanent toe ring is. I guess I would try to put it in an ice bath first thing in the morning before the heat and swelling of the day kicks in, then lube it well and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Soap and cold water should do the trick.  Keep twisting it like it's a screw. around and up.  I had to do this when I broke my ankle.  GL to you!!!
  • Options

Try elevating and icing your toes to reduce any swelling then use the windex or soap.

I also want to know what a "permanent" toe ring is.

• Options
    Permanent??Indifferent
  • Options
    yes, explain the permanent part!
  • Options
    Permanent semed to be the best word? I swear its not anything strange. Just a regular ring  but for your toe!  Its tightly fitted so it doesn't come off over the top of the toe easily.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Remove the toe?

OK - if that isn't an option I use oil. If that doesn't work they can always fix it after it is cut off if you have a jeweler do it.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That is what I assumed you must mean by "permanent" but wanted to check. 

If they have to cut it off, it really isn't a big deal.  My dad has had his wedding ring cut off twice in 40 years.  The jeweler can fix that easily.  It is like getting a ring resized - you can't tell anything was done to the ring.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"