1. When and How?
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where?
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display?
1. Active & waiting. Domestic adoption.
2. I have started several online registries and keep adding to them. Amazon, Target, Moolka
3. The light display in Paris at the Eiffel Tower is pretty amazing. Fireworks really aren't my thing. When I was a kid I saw a fireworks accident and it has kind of ruined the experiece for me.
1. Awaiting finalization - heard last week that all docs have been submitted to court so the next step is waiting for the court to appt an investigator to our case
2. We had a registry at Babies R Us once we were matched. I had a wish list on amazon previously to track things I was interested in.
3. 4th of July at my grandparents house on the lake, the neighbors used to hire a fireworks display which they set off on their dock...it was always amazing!
1. When and How? Adopted sweet girl in 07. Hope to adopted a 3rd in a few years.
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? I didn't do a registry until we had her home....even when we were matched I just wanted to BE SURE!!
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? At our wedding my dad suprised us a HUGE fireworks display. He had to get permission from the city, get a permet and he brought in a company to do a real fireworks show. It was the coolest surprised I've ever had in my LIFE.
"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.
"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."
1. When and How? We adopted in June 2007 a DA through an agency using a facilitator.
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? Yes, we had a quick match--got a call after Ben was born, and took him home when released from hospital. We had to stay out of town for 10 days and then 2 days after we got home we went and registered at BRU. They were so nice there. We needed 2 of a lot of things because my mom lives right across the street and would be watching Ben a lot and they gave us a twin discount.
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? Hilton Head Island, SC over the ocean. It was beautiful.
1. We start our PRIDE classes tonight! EEK
2. Nope. It's at the back of my mind.
3. The first forth of July I had while dating DH, it was 2 weeks after our blind date...
1. When and How? Researching DA
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? Not yet, but I imagine we will. Most likely BRU or Target.
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? I really can't say! I like fireworks, but none have been out of this world, lol!
1. Finishing up paperwork for DA homestudy. Send completion dust for DH's autobiography
2. We've started one on Amazon, but I'm waiting for a copy of Baby Bargains before we go whole hog.
3. Denver, CO. My work building had a 270-degree view in the corner conference room, so I got to see several fireworks displays at once.
1. When and How? Waiting on our home study finalization, then our first placement. We were told last week to expect another 1-2 month wait. the wait is really starting to get to me
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? nope, no registries
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? cant pick just one - i've been lucky to see lots of great fireworks!
Blogs: Our Growing Family - CT Working Moms
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? No registry completed. Will do so once we are in the depths of things, I'm sure, at BRU and Target.
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? I think the fireworks every July 4th here in Columubs, OH are pretty great. Can't think of anything greater!
1. When and How? We brought our baby girl home last week so we have been parents now for a week (DA through private agency)
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? Yes. We are registered at BRU, Target, and online at greensproutsbaby.com for cloth diapers
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? Tough call. I'm not sure I can pick out just one.
1- We have a beautiful baby girl,(I really need to figure out how to post pictures on here) and we are waiting to finalize.
2-We found out about our daughter 3 days before she was born and so my family had the baby shower when A was 1 month old. We registered at BRU and Baby Depot.
3-I love all fireworks but my fav is the fountain light show at Longwood Gardens -they do it with music and it is amazing.
1. When and How? We are in the final stages of making our decision. We hope to have our decision finalized this week.
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? With DS, registered at BRU. I won't complete a registry for Baby #2.
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? I don't think I can pick one.
1. When and How? DA baby G in April of 2009 still waiting for our 2 mo post placement visit and for BF rights to be terminated
We did complete registery for target, babies r us and an online centralized registry at www.myregistry.com.
Even with the registry and announcements we have received virtually nothing off of it. People just keep sending us 'other' gifts they picked out. IE: This weekend DH's brother and wife came for a visit. They brought G 50 books (10 of which we already have) and a moses basket (which we won't use). It seems like about 50 % of the gifts we have received we can't/won't use, 25% we already have and 25% are useful.
At our wedding! We hired a company that sets off fireworks for MLB teams - they put together a 20 minute show during our wedding reception. It was awesome!!! At the end, in firework lights they had our names with a heart in a middle go off.
1) Still deciding which route we will take to parenthood. It will probably be several more years, as we will be moving to Germany for 2 years in about a month.
3) I just have fun childhood memories of the places we would go to watch the fireworks. We used to have a neighborhood cookout and fireworks display every year. Then the next morning all of us kids would search the field behind our houses looking for the shells from the fireworks. It seems a little odd now, but it was so much fun!
1. When and How? DA, matched June 5, 2009...baby due in early November. Waiting to find out gender.
2. Have you completed (did you complete) a baby registry? Where? Yes, BRU and Target
3. Where did you see your most memorable fireworks or light display? Suburb of Atlanta -- fireworks and a symphony orchestra. It was amazing!
1. Waiting for our Approval Meeting on July 15 to be approved for foster/adopt.
2. No. We are not sure of the age of the child we are adopting at this point, but we do know it will not be an infant, so we won't ever do a baby registry.
3. We saw some pretty awesome fireworks at the York Fairgrounds in York, PA.
1.Waiting for a DA match.
2. Have one in the works at Target as I think of things I would like to have, I just add to it from time to time.
3. Probably Disney - I used to work there and would watch them all the way home several days per week. I miss that now living in the IL cornfields!
1. Our paper work goes in Jan hopefully 3-5 months after that from Korea
2. No I have two kids already so no registry this time only with the first
3. It has not happened yet it will be the day when our family is complete and ALL my kids are with me and my DH watching with us!
1. Awaiting HS approval *DA*, should be mid July - gotta go for my physical tomorrow ; DH got his done today ... then we're done on our part!
2. I have an open one with babies r us.
3. Not sure if I have a memorable one ... but I think the best fireworks are the ones done off of the water!