Babies: 9 - 12 Months

what kind of names "go" with shepherd?

you can't have one called Shepherd and another called Michael or Emily.

i am at a loss.  we have said we weren't going to discuss it until the big u/s, but i still like to think about it a little.

Re: what kind of names "go" with shepherd?

• Sorry, I have never understood the "going" together thing.

You can have a child named Shepherd and a daughter named Emily.

You really really can.

What names do you like?  

• Maybe something like Noah, Graham, or something along those lines for a boy

For a girl you could do "classic" names if you like them like Lily, Grace, etc

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i like Cecilia Mae for a girl (mae is my late grandma's middle name).

i am stuck on boys so far.

• Lovely Lady,

Hunter, Fisher, Cooper for boys

I don't have any girls names.

• Do you mean because Shepherd is uncommon?

Samuel is terribly common, Maliyah is not.  I'm okay with it.

• imageMike_Hunt:

Lovely Lady,

Hunter, Fisher, Cooper for boys

I don't have any girls names.

i'm not naming all my kids professions, thanks anyway.

• Would you consider Skyler (spelled however you like) as a boy name? I've heard it as both
  • have you tried nymbler.com? i put in shepherd and it gave me some quasi normals:

stanford, sullivan, sheridan, clifford, seraphina, schuyler, sinclair 

and some bizzaro ones:

missouri, hildgeard, surinder, cinderella, archibald.... 

• cecelia day is one of my top girl names!

eta: day is a family name 

• Henry, Murphy, Arthur, George, Samuel, Theodore, Woodrow.

For some reason I think a more old-fashioned name would go. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was going to suggest Cooper, Grant, Owen - all of those seem to be in the same, what's the word, genre? 

Anywho, I agree with Lanie - if you have a name in mind, go for it - nothing has to match.  :)

Hell, I'm thinking about naming our next DD (if we have a DD) Kate, and Anna's middle name is Kate.  Odd, probably so, but that's OK. 

Cecilia is absolutely gorgeous - very classic, not over-used, but not eunique. 

• imagebrandonsfuturewife07:

i like Cecilia Mae for a girl (mae is my late grandma's middle name).

I love that name for a girl! 

We had a very hard time with names for both kids. We finally decided on a name for DS a couple days before he was born and decided his middle name the day he was born. I had a list of 30+ names on it and DH crossed off the ones he didn't like and we narrowed it down to three before finally deciding. With DD I had several names picked out but we finally decided on Emilee Jillissa, we spelled it differently because Lee is the family middle name on my side and I wanted to keep it going but DH wanted to name her Jillissa (which now I wish we would have gone with for the first name).

We also didn't plan on the kids names sounding similiar, people give us crap for it. It was just the name we liked. 

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • we have the same issue for boys names.  nothing seems right.  but i guess we'll know sex in 4 weeks so we'll know then if it's even an issue.
  • imageCaliflorida:
    we have the same issue for boys names.  nothing seems right.  but i guess we'll know sex in 4 weeks so we'll know then if it's even an issue.

i'm so jealous that you get to know so early!!

i like Cecilia Mae for a girl (mae is my late grandma's middle name).

I like Cecilia too. I have a younger cousin named Caroline Cecilia London *Lastname*. Those are all fam. names.

• imagetarebear9891:
    Would you consider Skyler (spelled however you like) as a boy name? I've heard it as both

I like Schuyler for a boy. I think that's the original spelling, but I like Skylar for a girl. Kinda strange.

imageCaliflorida:
    we have the same issue for boys names.  nothing seems right.  but i guess we'll know sex in 4 weeks so we'll know then if it's even an issue.

are you leaning one way or the other?  brothers?  or a new sister for shepherd?  

i realized last night i am (not so secretly) thinking it would be nice to have sisters. not that i won't be thrilled either way ;)

• Grady, Gavin, Henry, Thomas, Garrett, Merrick, Jared

That's all I've thought of right now.  I'm excited to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!  I really like your girl name option!

• imageCaliflorida:
    imagebrandonsfuturewife07:

imageCaliflorida:

are you leaning one way or the other?  brothers?  or a new sister for shepherd?  

i realized last night i am (not so secretly) thinking it would be nice to have sisters. not that i won't be thrilled either way ;)

honestly, i desperately hope it is healthy.

but because they will be so close in age, i think it would very cool for a little brother for the S man.  (equally as cool for a little sister, seeing as how cute my niece & nephew play together) :)

• Clayton.

Shep and Clay.

• I like Oliver for a boy. 
  • I say go with whatever you like and don't worry about if they go together.  I bet though that if you are really concerned about finding a name that goes together you will end up finding one that you absolutely love that fits perfectly. 
  • *Bre**Bre* member
    My siblings are Katie and Joe...>I fit in just fine (Breanna wasn't as common in the mid 80s)
  • I don't think it's a big deal if you choose a different name that doesn't "go along." ?Although you could keep it simple and just make it another "S" name. ?I love the name Sophia :)?
  • I like Merrick, I think that goes will with Shepherd.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"