Multiples
Options

Bed Rest and Work Load Questions

I am curious about bed rest and how many of you were placed on bed rest and when. ?In reading Dr. Luke's book she talks about stopping work at 28 weeks. ?I am curious what you did, what your doctor's recommended. ?I see the Dr this week, this will be our first appt. since finding out we have twins. ?Also in her book she talks about not working more than 6 hours per day. ?I have been working 8 hours per day but I am so tired. ?I have a high stress job, I work for the county as a Clinical Psychologist for the Children's behavioral health system and I do family mental health assessments on families who are involved with DSES as well as carry a small therapy caseload of children. ?I am wondering if I should just continue my 8 hours per day, or cut back to 6. ?I would rather be proactive than keep working and working and then go into labor really early or have some complications that may have been avoided if I had taken it easy. ?Just wondering what others have done and how it went for you. ?Thank you!

Re: Bed Rest and Work Load Questions

• Options
    I am a Learning Disabilities Consultant and my job can also be a little stressful at times...especially when I can not give parents what they would like.  I usually work my regular day in the office and then come home, check emails, write reports, etc.  When we found out we were having twins, I stopped the work at home.  I work a 7 hr day in the office but I come home and relax afterwords.  I met with my Dr. last Friday at 9w3d and he did not mention anything regarding when I should stop work.  He did however discuss the monitoring process for twins (going in for more visits earlier than with a singleton) and complications that could arise.  I have been feeling much better now that I am leaving the work load at work and taking time for me at the end of the day.  I would recommend cutting down your day if you can.  I am not sure when I am going to stop working altogether...I guess when the Dr. says stop.  I would like to work as long as I can to save up my days for when the babies are here.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck!
  • Options

I was put on bedrest at 26 weeks for regular contractions, but not everyone goes on bedrest & many people work until close to their due date if they can, to save $ and leave time. I would talk to your OB about his/her approach to bedrest & advice re working. That way if you have to approach your work about cutting back, you can perhaps get some documentation from your OB if needed. ?My OB does not do automatic bedrest or work stoppage at a certain point but at the first sign of anything remotely worrisome, he does. I was lucky to have finished work for the school year when I got put on bedrest.

For some people, I'm sure the decision is partially based on whether their employer is willing to work with them & what type of work they do (desk, on feet,etc). I will say that by around 28 weeks you will likely want to do an abbreviated schedule though....but I do know a few ppl IRL who worked up til term. GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a teacher so obviously I was on my feet a lot and exhausted too. I actually kept working full-time up until 31 1/2 weeks. After that- I worked 1/2 days and had a PM sub in my class for the next 2 weeks. At 33 1/2 wks. I went to modified bedrest, could get up get a drink, go to the bathroom etc... THey were born healthy at 35 1/2 wks. Good luck! I just hung in there as long as it was all developing fine!
  • Options
    I am a lawyer. i stopped going to court at 34 weeks. I am still going to the office though. My OB is fine with this. My advice is to take it a week at a time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As of 32 weeks, there is no bed rest in sight, I came out of work at 15 weeks though because of bleeding from a SCH and didn't go back when it cleared up because I was planning on coming out at 28 weeks anyways. I do remember at 28 weeks telling DH that there was no way that I could have kept up with my students at that point, (I was measuring 37 weeks at that point). I say take it as easy as you can, rest when you can, and listen to your body. Some people are able to work further than others, but I would have a backup plan regardless.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"