Two Under 2
Options

c/s mom's question for you...

how many months were you post-partum when you found out you were pg. again? 

Were the docs concerned at all if you were only a few months PP? 

my docs recommended waiting a year to TTC again but i can't help but have the feeling to want to TTC again sooner.  maybe i'm just trying to fill a void of my loss.  i was thinkikng of maybe trying again around 6mo PP. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in

Re: c/s mom's question for you...

• Options
    I was around 5 months PP with both kids when I found out I was pregnant.  My doctor was not concerned and did not tell us to wait.  I will have had 3 c/s's in 28 months.
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I was 9 mo pp when I got pg with DC#2.  My ob had suggested waiting till closer to a year but didn't feel getting pg at 9 mo pp would be an issue.  They have not expressed concerns about my pg at all.  I did not discuss with her about getting pg earlier than 9 mo pp.

Based on discussions with the multiple dr at the practice I go to, I may also try for a VBAC.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was 9 months PP when I got PG with DD#2, and 10 months PP when I got PG with DS. I had 3 c/s's in 3 years. I was also EBF.

No issues and my OB didn't tell me to wait at all. Now, after DS, she did tell me to wait at LEAST a year if we wanted to have a 4th. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I was 7 months pp and my doctors aren't concerned at all. I'll be attempting a VBAC with this pregnancy.
  • Options
    that was my other issue, i'd love to have a VBAC since DS was delivered vaginally.  Wyatt was a c/s b/c he was breech.  i have to find out first if the hospital i delivered Wyatt at even lets you have a VBAC.  the hospital i delivered nathan at does not allow them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    I was about 6.5m PP when I got pregnant with Maliyah.  My OB said it's "best" to wait, but wasn't really concerned.
  • Options

DS was 10 mo old. My doctors had no concerns and fully support me trying for a VBAC.

• Options

I was 8 months PP when I got PG with my daughter.  Other than some incision soreness, I didn't have any complications.  If you're interested in TTCing sooner than a year, just talk a bit more to your doc about it.  I think the one year waiting period is standard, but your doctor would know your body and what you're able to handle better than anyone here.

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck when you TTC again.  (( HUGS ))

• Options

I should add, that I had 3 scheduled c/s's. DD#1 and DD#2 were both breech. DS was in proper position, but because I had 2 previous c/s's, I was not allowed to VBAC.

Best wishes to you! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    thanks for the responses. i feel alittle bit better now about maybe deciding to try sooner.  we'll see i guess.
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss. ?

Vaginal birth is not possible for me due to narrow bony pelvis. ?My doc told me I could start TTC after 6 months, so we'll be trying again in about a month and a half!?

• Options

I was 8mo PP and my dr. didn't say anything about waiting or express concern.

I am planning a repeat CS. 

• Options

My ob said it didn't matter how long I waited since I wouldn't be trying a vbac.  If I had wanted to do a vbac, she said I'd have to wait 18 months before getting pg again.

DS was 9mo when I got pg and I've had no problems as a result of my previous c/s.

GL to you when you do start TTC again!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

my daughter was right at three months old when we got pregnant again, our babies will be exactly one year apart. My doctor wasnt concerned about me getting prego again. I am having some pain near/ at my incision site and from scar-tissue. Its not horrible pain but its uncomfortable.

Good Luck

• Options
    First of all I am so sorry for your loss. My son was a c-section because he was breech as well. I am not able to try for a VBAC because the hospital I deliver at does not allow them. Most hospitals and doctors in my state don't allow for them because of insurance reasons. This is according to my doctor. He recommended that I at least wait 6 months but it was better to wait a year or longer before getting pregnant again. I would talk it over with your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was 9 months pp when I found out I was pg again.  The dr never said anything to me about it being too soon.  It does seem to depend on the dr as to the length of time they want you to wait.
  • Options

DD was a year and a day when we found out.  I do recall them saying to wait a year but they never really said a year to try or?!?!  I'll have 20 months between DD and this baby.  She didn't seem too concerned.

• Options

Both my OB and my RE agreed. ?Even after a section they recommended weaning at 6 months PP to TTC again due to my age and ovarian problems.

I was even offered a VBAC with #2 and they were delivered 17 months apart.

?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, your story is beautifully written. ?I was 6 months when I got pregnant again, well DS was 6 months that is. ?My OB never said anything ahead of time but once I was pregnant he did say that my risk of PTL was higher and I did indeed end up with PTL starting around 26 weeks and enough to put me on bedrest the last month of my pregnancy. ?I would think that since you went into pre-term labor with no known reason your doc wants to avoid that extra risk that close pregnancies pose.
  • Options

imagejsugrin:
    I am so sorry for your loss, your story is beautifully written.  I was 6 months when I got pregnant again, well DS was 6 months that is.  My OB never said anything ahead of time but once I was pregnant he did say that my risk of PTL was higher and I did indeed end up with PTL starting around 26 weeks and enough to put me on bedrest the last month of my pregnancy.  I would think that since you went into pre-term labor with no known reason your doc wants to avoid that extra risk that close pregnancies pose.

i think or am pretty sure i went into PTL b/c i had no amniotic fluid, nobody has come out and told me that's why i went into labor but i'm figuring that's why since they did an u/s the 2nd day i was in the hospital and wyatt had even less amniotic fluid.  hopefully i'll find out more at my doc appt. next thurs.  i'm going to ask them if it's ok to start TTC in 6mo.  we shall see...not to mention i need to be ready physically and mentally by then too. 

• Options

Thanks for asking this since I came over here to ask the same question for the very same reason.  Also, I'm pretty sure there are two other girls who experienced full term losses like us (both were 40 weeks I think) and I'm pretty sure they both had c/s and they both were pg 3 months pp.  One was Hislobster and she just delivered healthy twins and the other was LAT37 who just had her little girl last week.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.  Hope you are doing ok.  It's rough.

• Options
    imageECUPirate04:

Thanks for asking this since I came over here to ask the same question for the very same reason.  Also, I'm pretty sure there are two other girls who experienced full term losses like us (both were 40 weeks I think) and I'm pretty sure they both had c/s and they both were pg 3 months pp.  One was Hislobster and she just delivered healthy twins and the other was LAT37 who just had her little girl last week.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.  Hope you are doing ok.  It's rough.

oh wow, that makes me feel alittle better for wanting to try again so soon.  i guess we'll see what happens in the next few months.  recovery from the c/s has not been the greatest so i think alot depends on how i feel in a few months. 

i'm so sorry for your loss and i wish you all the best. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"