Baby Showers
Options

My shower is tomorrow...

Tomorrow is my shower. While I'm extremely appreciative and excited I'm also a nervous wreck! My mom is throwing the shower and well is extremely unorganized. Yesterday she tells me "Can someone help decorate because I have to pick up the food" I said to her "Umm shouldn't you already have this set up? I'm just supposed to show up, remember?" She responded with "I'm not an octopus, I don't have eight arms and can't do everything." Uhhh then why did you throw a hissy fit when one of my friends offered to throw me a shower....NO it had to be you and you were going to do it. Now you are unprepared and unorganized and scaring the crap out of me!! DH told me though my MIL stopped by his work today and told him she was making her icecream punch and getting more decorations and will be helping my mom decorate. At least my MIL is awesome and will be tying up any loose ends my mom is sure to have left!

Re: My shower is tomorrow...

• Options
    Don't worry about it.  Just show up.  I''m sure your MIL will get things done.  You're mom is probably just frazzled by all that is left to do...last minute.
  • Options
    I think it's really nice that your mom is throwing you a shower.  If it's not a surprise shower than why not help your mom decorate, if she needs it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was not at all being inappreciative it's the fact that she had been saying she was going to do the shower for months and waits less than a week before to say she needed help. I called my MIL and my Aunt and they helped out ALOT. Actually they were decorating while my mom sat on a picnic table and watched....this is the type of thing that makes me upset. I would have loved to have hung decorations from the wood rafters of the pavillon we had in a Florida park in 95 degree weather in the middle of Florida but at 33 weeks pregnant I was feeling a little tired.... My SIL and MIL both actually heard my mom and I will quote say "I'm just watching and taking notes for the next shower I throw"...that was while she watching my MIL and Aunt decorate....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"