Stay at Home Moms
Options

Why? why do i do this to myself?

Ugh- DH said (without discussing with me) that it was okay for his father, the father's girlfriend, her son, his wife and their two children to stay with us for three days on their way back up from their vacation.

Now- this is just my personality- but my house has to be 'perfect' when i have guests. My house is always clean- however when my father in law and his girlfriend visit I tend to go 'insane' per DH. Nothing can be clean enough. It is like i am nesting all over again. I don't know what it is. I have known them 10 years and it hasn't at all faded.

MY FIL's girlfriend once said to me- 'this is what happens when women have other priorities in life' .... as she had EVERYTHING in my refridgerator taken out and was cleaning it. (mind you i already cleaned it-) .... I was 8 months pregnant and in the throws of tax season and was working 60 hour work weeks and i just got home and it was 10pm at night.

I can't even imagine what her sny comments will behold now that 'my priorities ARE straight' (at least according to what she thinks they should be)

I seriously can't stand when they visit. Their last 'visit' lasted two weeks. I sure hope with all the additional 'guests' it will be a fast stay. sigh.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Why? why do i do this to myself?

• Options
    I lothe my MIL so much that I would seriously consider moving out for those three days if it was me.  Good luck getting through it!  Make sure you have plenty of wine or beer to get you through the rough patches!
  • Options

Hmmmm...if my DH did that, he'd be staying in the hotel I'd be shipping his family to Wink

Our house is a "no-visitors" zone.  For one night, sure.  But there is just too much chaos here for more then the 5 that already stay here on a permanent basis.  If even drives me crazy to have parties here.  For some reason, when we are at IL's for holiday, parties, etc. everyone is expected to chip in and help clean up.  Yet when it's at our home, they leave their crap everywhere.  Cups on my mantel (a BIG no-no), plates and napkins on the tables/counters, empty soda cans sitting around, etc.  We provide rather large garbage and recycling containers in the main area of our kitchen/dining area and yet, these people seem to ignore them every time.  Needless to say, I have a large mess to clean up after anything we have here.

If she says anything, I would just say, "Thanks for your opinion/thought/idea.  I'll take it into consideration" and repeat as necessary.  And if she starts cleaning something you *just* cleaned, start putting things back and politely order her to sit and relax, visit, etc.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"