TTC after 35
Options

Probably Coming Back Soon :( Long...

Not that I didn't miss you ladies, and all, but I am so sad to probably be returning to the TTC board. At my six week ultrasound on Tuesday, the doctor could not find a yolk sac. DH and I went back today, and still no yolk sac. We're leaving for Virginia Beach and DC in an hour (I insisted on going on our vacation), so I may end up miscarrying while we're out of town. I was really hopeful that the sac would show up on this one, but it didn't. The doctor took more blood to check Beta levels and progestrone to see if my body's already begun the process. They ran the tests through STAT so I should find out this afternoon if it's starting soon. If we'd stayed home, the RE wouldn't want to see me until Thursday, so I am feeling good about going out of town. My stepdaughters have no idea about the pregnancy, and I really don't want to sit around and wait for it to happen. I just hope that we can have a good time and that it doesn't take too much away from our family time. DH has been wonderful through all of this. He came home from work early on Tuesday because I was upset, and he stayed home all day today. He's sad and is already having me look up hospitals in case we need one. I love his overprotectiveness. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have him to go through this with.

I hope everyone has been doing well, and I'll check back in again after we return on 7/5. I have one more appointment at the RE on 7/6 to check things out. See you soon.

Liz

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Probably Coming Back Soon :( Long...

• Options

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I went through this same scenario right around 8 weeks and it is very tough to handle.  I hope your vacation helps to take your mind off of everything.

By the way, I live just outside of DC and all of the INOVA hospitals are great, although I prefer INOVA Fairfax.  It's where I had my D&C and delivered DS.  It's one of the highest rated hospitals for the woman & child care.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Oh, Lizzy, I am so, so sorry!  I hope that you can get some distraction on the vacation and know that you can come back here any time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My heart just sank at this post. Lizzy I am so sorry you have to go through this.

I am so sad for you. I am glad though, that your wondeful husband is strong and such a support.

xxxxxx

Cat

• Options
    I am sorry to hear that... hugs...
  • Options
    imageNowDNAtoo:

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I went through this same scenario right around 8 weeks and it is very tough to handle.  I hope your vacation helps to take your mind off of everything.

By the way, I live just outside of DC and all of the INOVA hospitals are great, although I prefer INOVA Fairfax.  It's where I had my D&C and delivered DS.  It's one of the highest rated hospitals for the woman & child care.

Thanks! Just added that to the list of hospitals. I'm sure we won't need it, though. Everything was checked thoroughly to make sure it wasn't ectopic.

Apparently my HCG levels are still going up (11,422) and my progesterone is high enough to support a pregnancy, so it doesn't look like it's going to happen right away. I'm hoping to at least enjoy the few days we have at the beach.

Thanks for your support, ladies! See you in July!

• Options
    Oh Liz, I am so sorry :-( Hugs to you...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  It's just not fair that we try so hard to get knocked up and then something like this happens.
    TTC #1, Cycle 22 - Jan 2009 IUI , Femara & Follistim: 7/21/09: BFN Multiple rounds of Clomid June 2012: Decided to move on to IVF after 3 more rounds of Clomid Sept 2012: Got a call from a friend asking us to adopt her baby
  • Options

Oh no Lizzy. I am so sorry. <<<HUGS>>

Is there any way the doc just can't see the yolk sac yet?  I guess I am asking if there is any hope at all.  I feel like I have seen other women say this on the board and then they end up seeing the yolk sac when they go in again.

I am glad your DH is being so wonderful. I also think it is good that you are moving forward on your vacation. For me, there is something about a change of scenery that always seems to help during the bad times.

• Options

Oh Liz. Your post is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I'm glad your DH is being so supportive - he sounds like an amazing man.

Joyful

• Options
    Oh, golly.  I'm so very sorry.  Hugs to you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!! ((hugs)) to you!
  • Options
    Crap Lizzy, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. I really got choked up reading your post. I hope that you can enjoy your vacation even though this will be weighing on you. Enjoy your family. You'll be in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Lizzy, I'm so sorry.  I'm so bummed out that this is happening.  Like the others said, I hope you can enjoy your vacation and that being away will help you take your mind off things.  I think it's great that you're still planning on going.  Lots or prayers are coming your way. 
  • Options
    So sorry Lizzy!  Will keep you in my T&P!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Sad
  • Options

Oh Lizzy!! I am so sorry! This just bites the big one! I am asking the same thing as Holly...if you're levels are still rising...could there be any chance that they are just missing the sac??  I don't know much about this but I am hoping by some miracle this one holds on for you!

<<hugs>>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"