Birth Stories

Scotty is here finally!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I went in for my induction on Tuesday June 16th, about 8:00am. They gave me medication to soften my cervix. (I was only 1cm at that point.) At about noon, they gave me my second dose. Since I was doing well, DH decided to run home and check on the dog. Of course, something had to go wrong. The dr's came running in as soon as it happened. DS h/r dropped and I had to get oxygen for him. They didn't seem to concerned enough to call DH. Finally DS heart rate came up to normal. DH came right back, and I told him what happened, so he never left my side again! 

Anyway, they did not give me my 3rd dose of the medicine. Contractions were coming irregular in the afternoon. However, unfortunately his h/r dropped again around 3pm... got oxygen and he went back up. The dr's said this sometimes happens with boys.. but if it happens again I will have to go for a C/S.

Later around 5 or 6pm, I had the option for an epidural. I decided yes, since I knew I would be getting pitocin, which I heard gets the contractions stronger than normal. The epidural was great-by the way :)

Once they gave me the pitocin, DS h/r dropped again!!!  They almost sent me in for a c/s but since they knew it was the pitocin they turned it off, and his h/r went back to normal.

At about 9pm I was finally 9 cm. Contractions were getting stronger and the epidual started wearing off.. (or so it felt like it was) Anyway I called the nurse in like every 15 min (poor girl) to check to see if I was 10 cm because I had the urge to push so bad.

I was at 9 cm for about 4 hours!!!! The dr's decided to give me the pitocin again hoping this time he will come right out. I was iffy about it because of what happened the other time, but I trusted their decision. They said if it dropped this time I'd definitely go in for a c/s, 

Luckily it did not drop. I called in the nurse to check me and I felt as though he was coming out whether I would push or not!!! I was not quite 10 cm but I was told it was ok to push!!

Finally Scott Jr (Scotty) came out at 1:16 am on June 17th,  8lb15oz (big boy!!) 22 in long. I did not get to hold him right away because I tore really bad. Once they I got the stitches which took about another 45 min I finally got to hold my son.

Since I lost so much blood I needed a transfusion, and had to stay 3 more days until Saturday. It felt like forever and I couldn't wait to come home. DH was wonderful the whole time, tending to him, changing and feeding him. (on practically no sleep!)

Once we were able to come home it was wonderful!!! We are so happy to finally have Scotty home with us!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards