Virginia Babies
Options

I was hoping this board would be busier...

So I usually post/lurk on 6-12 but my DH just got a new job and he will be going to MD for training for 6 weeks starting in July and then we will move to Richmond.  My ILs are there but other than that I don't know anyone or anything about Richmond.  My SIL doesn't have kids yet so I don't know where to hang out, good pedi's, is there a gymboree? What do you do in Richmond with your LO?  TIA. 

Re: I was hoping this board would be busier...

• Options
    I don't live in Richmond but welcome to the VA board!
  • Options

Yay Richmond! I live ~10 minutes east of the city of Richmond in Mechanicsville, VA but have been in the Richmond area for 15 years, minus time in Blacksburg, VA for college. Go HOKIES.

ditto on the hoping this VA board would be busier. What kinds of things are you looking for in RIC? I feel like we've got everything, something for all walks of life, and still relatively close to both the beach and mountains.

There are evidently 3 Gymboree's in the area...just did a search, haven't been to one myself yet. Richmond and the surrounding areas covers a lot of ground, so I don't know how to specifically give you places of interest without knowing exactly what part you'll be in. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrs.Lucky531:
    So I usually post/lurk on 6-12 but my DH just got a new job and he will be going to MD for training for 6 weeks starting in July and then we will move to Richmond.  My ILs are there but other than that I don't know anyone or anything about Richmond.  My SIL doesn't have kids yet so I don't know where to hang out, good pedi's, is there a gymboree? What do you do in Richmond with your LO?  TIA. 

We're in Richmond.  Where will you be?  West End, Midlothian, in the city, etc.?  It's a reasonably large city, with tons of good parks, a zoo, nature centers, farms, etc.  The Gymborees here are just the clothing stores.  But we do have Little Gym, Romp n' Roll, and some other one I can't remember off hand.  I couldn't give you a pedi rec without knowing what area of town you'll be in... 

When will you be moving into the area?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"