Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Speaking of Peds ... Anyone use anyone affiliated with Hershey Med?

This is something I've been looking into but would really love some recommendations.  We live on the east shore and all of my care has been through Hershey so I'd like to find a pediatrician associated with them as well.

Recommendations or even Drs you'd stay clear of all appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Speaking of Peds ... Anyone use anyone affiliated with Hershey Med?

• Options
    My SIL takes her DD to Hershey Peds on Cherry/Hope she is thinking about transferring her son b/c she mainly see's residents. She doesn't have a problem w/ it but sometimes she wants to see a Dr. Makayla see's Dr. Baker, and my other SIL takes her son to Hershey Pediatric's on Chocolate Ave, when her son was admitted for dehydration her Dr saw him at HMC so they are affialated w/ them.
    Matt and Krystal 9-18-05
    DD 1/29/07 -

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Dr. Baker is affiliated w/Hershey.  I've heard good things about him, but I haven't made a decision yet, and it will be a long time before I'm in a position to recommend for or against a ped.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I take Brynne to Jones, Daly and Coldren which is on the West Shore. I'm assuming you're looking for someone on the East Shore, but since you're looking for recommendations, I thought I'd give you one! I could not be happier with the care Brynne has gotten there. When she was in the NICU, the nurses tat Holy Spirit told me that someone from their office would call every few days to check on her. I did not ask them to do it, they did it themselves.

I call the office quite often with questions. The nurses are so helpful and never act annoyed that I'm calling AGAIN with a question (like if I can use sunscreen :)  The other day Brynne poked herself in the eye and screamed for a half hour. Of course I was convinced she was going to go blind so I called in. At that point she had fallen asleep on me, the nurse told me to let her sleep and call back when she woke up. Well, she woke up and was fine so I didn't bother calling back. They called me back to check on her!

I have met with several doctors and have been happy with all of them.

Hope you're still feeling well!

• Options

I take Gunnar to the Peds on Cherry/Hope Drive in Hershey and have loved them.  We mainly see the residents, but they are doctors, however each time we see them, the senior dr always comes in and reviews with us and talks with us, so normally we see at least 2 doctors.  The one time we also had a student and she was really good with him.

For Gunnar's 1 year check-up we were with the doctor; Dr. Martin and he was terrific and we spent almost an hour with him.  Dr. Klein who is his staff ped is also really good,  she just came back from maternity. 

We had a lot of issues with Gunnar, in regards to him being a 34 weeker and still behind the curve on some things; and Dr. Martin listened to all of them and responded positively on all. 

Anyway, I would highly recommend them as I have never had a problem getting an appointment or just getting questions answered when I call. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually use Dr. Schaeffer who is across the street from Hershey Med. He is amazing. He is his own practice which is nice but he is affiliated with Hershey Med. He came to see Sadie every day in the hospital which was awesome and he is accepting new patients. He still does interviews with new parents once a month in the evening and he has been great with Sadie. They don't have an answering service that calls you back on call it is actually him which again is great.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the recs ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"