Minnesota Babies
Options

birthing classes

I am having trouble finding some birthing classes. Has anyone been taking them? If so where?

Re: birthing classes

• Options
    contact the hospital.  we're going to take ours at united in st. paul
  • Options
    I just googled the hospital where I'm delivering and clicked on maternity....they had the schedule for all the classes. I'm delivering at southdale.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My midwife gave me a pamphlet around the 20-24 week appointment for the hospital we are delivering at (Regions) with all the classes and descriptions and registration information.  You could contact your clinic and see if they have one as well.  I know ours recommended we take class about 12 weeks before our due date.
  • Options
    Great! Thank you!
  • Options
    what type of birthing class are you looking for? If it's just the general, your hospital should offer something. If you're looking for something more like lamaze, bradley or hypnobirthing, I can point you in that direction as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what type. We can't really afford a lot of money to put towards classes. We have lots of baby things to get yet. I checked out bradley but they are 300 dollars. What about lamaze?
  • Options
    We delivered at Region's, and took the childbirth prep class that they offered. Of course ended up with a c/s so it was pretty much useless, but I still enjoyed it.
    Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    our classes didn't offer Bradley or Lamaze, it was just an overall childbirth class that went over all the things that could happen in childbirth all the instruments they may or may not have to use (ie. suction, forceps, fetal monitors, etc) and all the different pain management options available and how they affect me and the baby during birth.  We also learned some breathing techniques and positions that worked for people, but our instructor said that we'll find our own way in childbirth and that every woman is different and you can't really teach them to do one thing when it might not work for them.
  • Options

here's the link to the find a lamaze class: https://www.lamaze.org/Default.aspx?tabid=62

I don't know how expensive they are. We did hypnobirthing, but I ended up with a c/s. They were kind of spendy, but some insurances will cover most or all of the cost too, so it wouldn't hurt to call your provider and see if they'd cover it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great thanks for all your help ladies!
  • Options
    I'm taking mine through our hospital - North Memorial.  You should contact your clinic or hospital.
  • Options

Call your insurance company to see if they will cover any of the cost of the classes. I called mine last week and found out that they will reimburse me for the cost.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"