Birth Stories

Introducing Kamea Nicole...PIP

So let me back track and let you all know how she came about...

On 6/5/09 I had appointment and was told that I was 60% effaced, 2 cm and at station -2.  The doctor said that I def. wasn't making it to the due date, but she wasn't concerned.  Well, then came the sono and that's when the concerns began...Apparently, she was measuring small (5 lbs, 10 oz) and my fluid levels were low.  Instead of coming back the following Friday, she wanted me to come back on Monday.  She told me to take it easy and get some rest over the weekend.  That afternoon I got a call from the doctor and she had spoken to my reg. OB and they decided that if I did not go into labor on my own by 6/14, I would be induced.  I was a little bummed, but I am a woman of faith so I prayed about it, told God how I felt and left it to him. 

Saturday was my shower and it was great...that was my personal goal- to make it to my shower. 

Monday morning I went to work and left early to go to the doctors around 1pm.  They did the sono first and the results were the same.  The tech suggested that I increase my water intake.  I went to see the doctor afterward and when she did the exam she was like "she's low...ohhh...she's really low"  She then said that I was  between 3 and 3.5 cm dilated and she wanted me to go get lunch and then head over to L&D to get checked out.  So not what I was expecting, but good news nonetheless.  I had been having contractions on and off since Sunday, but nothing really timeable so I was still in denial that that day was THEE day...

I forgoed lunch and went home to shower with the intentions of just grabbing something on the way.  My dh went to bring ds to grandmas and my mother took me to the hospital.  Now it's around 3:30, 3:45pm and we are on the way to the hospital and the contractions are starting to kick in.  We get to the hospital and when they checked me I was still 3 cm, but the contractions were oretty steady now.  After about an hour they broke  my water and then the contractions came full force.  I asked for the epidural and let's just say, I made up this time around with the lack of contractions from my ds's birth.  I think what happened is the epi took on one side but not the other and I didn't realize until it was too late.  I was checked right before the epi and was at 5 cm.  The nurse kept having me switch positions to get the medicine to get around everywher and it seemed as if nothing worked.  Finally it kicked in for one contraction and I thought I'd be able to get some rest before pushing.  The next contraction almost sent me through the roof.  I screamed and asked someone to get the nurse...I couldn't understand why I was feeling so much pain down there adn it was unbearable.  The nurse came in and check and I was  fully dilated.  We began to push and with 3 pushes my little girl was born at 7:25pm.

Kamea Nicole weighed 6 lbs even and was 17.5 in long.  She came out pink and screaming and her APGAR scores were an 8 and 9.

We are all home and adjusting is going well so far...

Thanks for all the support and advice during this pregnancy ladies:-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Re: Introducing Kamea Nicole...PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"