Infertility
Options

Implantion pain after IVF????

Okay - the IVF has officially made me card-carrying crazy.  I am hyper-analyzing every little symptom.  Yes, of course I am on the IM progesterone which is probably causing most of the symptoms. 

Is implantation pain real?  I had my ET on Tuesday and yesterday and today I have felt these little pains in the same spot.  Not really painful but definately I feel a sharp twinge.  Kinda feels like ovulation.  I did not have any of these symptoms while on the stims. 

So I was feeding my lunacy by researching on google.  I am really hoping that this feeling was the embryo implanting.  Is this wishful thinking of a crazy desparate women or is it possible that my little embaby could be snuggling in???

I also read that pio can cause cramping - but this feels slightly different than cramping. 

Thanks in advance and please feel free to be brutally honest with me:)

Re: Implantion pain after IVF????

• Options

I am clueless so I can't help...since we didn't start IVF yet.    Just wanted to say that I hope that it is implantation too.

Good Luck.

• Options

I SWEAR I felt implantation. It was the night of 6dp3dt. It happened on and off for a few hours. Felt more like little teeny pokes from the inside. I called it cramping too, but only b/c there wasn't really a better word. Literally 24 hours later, I started spotting, and spotted for about 8 days. Then got BFP.

GL!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What I felt wasn't exactly pain--more like the same lower pressure I feel when I'm about to get my period plus some extra twinges (for lack of a better word.)  These feelings started about three days after my 5 day transfer, but I did have what I'm assuming was implantation bleeding on the fifth day after my 5 day transfer.  In any case, I know how crazy it can make you wondering about every little sensation you feel so I'm sending you lots of sticky dust and I hope you get your BFP soon!!
    2009: 1st IVF began 12/29, cancelled due to OHSS; 1st full IVF began 2/10 ER 2/27 ET 3/4 BFN 3/13; IVF #2 began 5/23 ER 6/4 ET 6/9 BFP 6/18 Lost our baby on 9/12. 2010: IVF #3 (w/PGD) began 2/1 ER: 2/15 ET: 2/20 BFN 3/1; Took a break for hernia surgery and recovery; IVF #4 (w/PGD) began 6/30 ER 7/13 ET 7/18 BFN 7/27; IVF #5 began 10/23 ER 11/5 ET 11/10 Low Pos 11/19 BFN 11/22; Took a break: got a 2nd opinion,changed insurance,chose a new RE,and recharged emotionally. 2011: "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 6/4, 6/6, and 6/7 BFN on 6/21. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/3 & 7/5 BFN on 7/19. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/30, 8/1 & 8/2...the journey continues into 2012 with three more IVFs and 6 more IUIs...now looking at IVF with donor egg Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I know what pains you are talking about.  I had them 2 days past ET and again about 6 days past ET - not like AF cramps, more like ovary pains -- short, but sharp and you def notice them.... yep.  I had them as well.  I don't think its from the progesterone.  I agree with you that it could be implantation related.... good luck girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For my first two IVFs I had off/on cramping for most of the time after ET. ?For my 3rd one I only had cramping 3dp3dt and 4dp3dt- I was hoping and hoping that it was implantation cramping. . .and I guess it was, it just ended up being a chemical (so was IVF#2 though). ?So I guess it could go either way. ?But I hope for you that it is implantation cramping! Good luck :)
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I hope I can post here. I had very noticeable cramping at 5dp3dt. I remember the pains like they were yesterday. I was at the movies and I mentioned the cramps to dh. sure enough, the little one took!

good luck! it's a good sign I think. 

:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"