Illinois Babies

Anyone have a plus size friendly OB in Plainfield/Naperville area?

My husband and I are looking for a plus size friendly OB in our area or at Northwestern in the city.  We found a doc at NW that on paper looked awesome - but turned out to be super judgemental...not the best circumstances under which to work as a team.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks  Smile

Re: Anyone have a plus size friendly OB in Plainfield/Naperville area?

• I don't know if she is plus size friendly necessarily, but my Dr. is in Downers Grove and I really like her.  Her name is Dr. Amy Gaunt and she is in the Fairview Medical Building on Fairview and Ogden in DG.  You could always just give the office a call and see if she can speak to you on a break or something.  You could probably do that with any Dr. near you...just have a quick chat on the phone about your previous experience and see what they think.  It take a bit for them to call you back since Dr.'s are so busy but it is worth a shot! 
  • I'm not sure where you are in Chicago; but my OB - Dr Pamela Dorne - is located both in River Forest and Hinsdale (deliveries at Resurrection West Suburban and Hinsdale Hospital).  I went from about 140 to 178 before I got pregnant with DS (she was my gyne first) and then gained about 30 lbs.  I am now pregnant with #2 and haven't lost too much of the baby weight.

So far; no comments at all.  She is a teeny tiny woman but she said she gained 45 - 60 lbs with each of her kids and as long as baby isn't under stress she doesn't worry -- she's pretty laid back about it.

You may want to try.  I go to the River Forest office but I definitely chose to delv at Hinsdale.  It's much nicer, has a Level III NICU (the only babies they transfer out go to Childrens' Memorial for heart surgery and things like that) and it's not a Resurrection facility (HATE HATE HATE those hospitals).

• Loading the player...
  • I see Dr Susan Mitchell from Dupage Medical Group. Her and her partners are amazing. I am a little overweight and it was never even mentioned. They are patient, sweet and just overall good people. I am a nurse and have alot of experience with doctors.  Choosing this practice was the easiest for me!
  • Womens Healthcare asso. at Rush Copley/Aurora. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"