Orange County Babies
Options

OB recommendation?

Hello Ladies,

I am 14 weeks along and having doubts about how compatible my current OB and I are so I am considering changing. I am new to the area and I don't currently have any friends who have delivered in the area so I am hoping for some advice on a good OB who delivers at Hoag. 

Any information and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Meredith 

Re: OB recommendation?

• Options
    My doctor is affliated with Hoag and is great.  Her name is Jodi White and I have been going to their practice for about 5 years, though I just switched to her after being seen by Dr. Rhonda Flora.  I love them both, they have great personalities and always call back to answer any questions I have.  I suggest you get Greater Newport Physicians as your group, that way all those doctors have Hoag rights.  I think the website is https://www.accessgnp.com/gnpweb/.  You can search for doctors that way.  Good luck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Is there a particular area or city you'd prefer?

My doctor is in Fountain Valley off Brookhurst and Talbert...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I second Dr. White. I switched to her almost half way through my pregnancy (I just wasnt getting the warm fuzzies from my old OB, and for my first child, I wanted warm and fuzzy), and I'm so glad that I made the switch.  Dr. White was amazing (and tries to deliver as much of her own patients as possible, so I was fortunate enough to have her there during delivery), and I love her office staff and nurses too.  

I've also seen Dr. Flora (when Dr. White was running behind, and during my hospital stay) and she was great as well. 

• Options

Hi Mland,

I don't have a preference - I actually work in Costa Mesa

thanks,

Meredith 

• Options
    I go to Dr. Wheeler in Newport. His practice is right across from Hoag so he obviously does deliveries there too. He's amazing!
  • Options
    I third Dr. White...she is an awesome doctor!! Just had my baby 3 weeks ago and she was incredible through the whole process!
  • Options
    I'm so glad so many of you like Dr. White as I suspect that's who I will end up with once I get PG.  My doctor on record is Dr. Brooks in the same office but she's no longer doing OB and I've been told I will be switched to another doctor in the office.  I'd heard Dr. White was the newest and I suspect that is who I will get switched to.  The last time I was in the office I heard the nurses gushing about how great they think she is. :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Thanks Ladies! This was very helpful!

Meredith 

• Options
    I see Dr. Gigi Kroll and I really like her! Small practice in Newport, delivers at Hoag, and used to be affiliated with the huge Brooks/Karmardian practice. You should at least go meet with her. I have seen her at every one of my appointments (no NP for me!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I second Dr. Kroll!  I switched to her at about ... 13 weeks.  Like a PP, I wanted a more warm and fuzzy OB.  She is great.  I am keeping her as my GYN too, and will definitely have her as my OB for any future children.

https://newportcenterwomenshealth.com/

• Options
    I've been going to Dr. Weatherford Clayton. He's located directly across the street from Hoag. I've seen him at every single appointment. He's amiable and he consistently runs on time. The longest I've ever waited was 15 minutes and that was because he was across the street with a delivery.
  • Options

Dr. Mueller is affiliated with Long Beach Memorial and with St. Mary's in Long Beach.  The office that I go to is in Lakewood.  Here's the website.

https://www.completewomencare.com/

So far I have nothing but goos things to say about them.  My Dr. is great and the staff is helpful.  I would highly recommend this facility to everyone.

• Options
    We currently see Dr. Gregory DiRocco in Newport. He's also across the street from Hoag, and he's been a great asset during this pregnancy. I had to have tailbone surgery the night before Valentine's Day, and he stopped in to see me the next morning! Plus, he's totally accommodating for this neurotic mother-to-be! :)
  • Options
    Dr. Amy VanBlaricom or Gigi Kroll (in the same office)....they're both great!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"