Special Needs
Options

Muscle Incoordination? Anyone heard of this?

My 12 month old is going to get physical therapy as he cannot get into a sitting posistion on his own or pull to standing.  He army crawls pushing off of his right leg and his left leg lags behind.  They say it is most likely muscle incoordination and that in time, he will be fine................I hope.  You have seen me post many times and my Ped and the PT feel CP is not a concern at all.  Thanks.

Re: Muscle Incoordination? Anyone heard of this?

• Options

My DD is getting evaluated on Monday for the same exact things- and she does exactly what your son does ? with the one leg lagging behind when trying to crawl. How much PT will he need?  I am sure my daughter will also need it.  Sometimes I get upset when I think about it, but other times I realize it?s a good thing- it can only help her.  Good luck

• Options

I did bring up ASD to my ped and she is not concerned about that at all right now.  I am trying not to make myself concerned with that thought as well right now. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter has an unofficial diagnosis of Developmental Coordination Disorder (dev dyspraxia) (her dev pedi wants to wait until she's 2 to see her again), which sounds similar. She has a lot of motor planning difficulties and coordination issues - at 12 months she was able to sit if placed in that position with her legs straignt ahead and butt-scoot forward, but wasn't able to roll, get into sitting, crawl, or do anything involving crossing midline. She started PT and DT 1x a week, and we added private PT 2x a week about 2 months later. She started rolling at 14 months, and walking at 18 months, so it was a pretty fast improvement. I've been told she'll never completely catch up physically - she'll always be on the weak side, fall often - but it's really too early to say.
    Michelle
    3 boys (15, 8, 6), 1 girl (4)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"