Phoenix Babies

Anyone familiar with Chandler?

I live on the northwest side but a friend is moving soon from IL to Chandler.  She's going to give me a list of apartments she's interested in and I'm going to check them out for her so she doesn't have to fly back out here before moving.  I don't know Chandler very well so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are less desireable areas that she would want to avoid or any apartment complexes she should stay away from.  She's not married and no kids so school district isn't a big deal.  I'm hoping I can tell the kind of neighborhood just by visiting but I thought it would be good to ask too.  TIA!
Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06

Re: Anyone familiar with Chandler?

• I live in Gilbert, but I know a bit about Chandler. I would stick with the Ahwautukee part of Chandler if possible, near I-10.  Or I would go south of the 202 SanTan in the south gilbert area.  If you get too near downtown Chandler it's a bit on the seedy side. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lived in Gila Springs Apartments (Ray Road) east of I-10.  It was great there.   But....it has been ten years. 

• Loading the player...
  • I live in Ahwatukee and almost all of my "single" girlfriends live in Chandler.  I almost moved here from IL (Chicago).  I would be more than willing to help you out and let you know the good areas, etc.  My friend also does satelite services to all of the apartments in Chandler, etc and would know specifically if they are nice apartments.  Just let me know!
  • We just moved from Chandler about a couple of months ago. We lived in an apartment there for a year.We moved from an apartment to a house. We liked the apartments...didn't have a problem with the area. It's convenient being right off the I-10 and there are alot of shops near by. The apartments are Lumiere Chandler Condos & Apartment Homes located on Ray Rd and Priest Dr. Good luck with the searching Smile
  • The Ocotillo part of south Chandler is also great for young couples/families.  Lots of cool apartments and homes, good schools & parks, etc.
  • Hi, I have been living in Chandler for a couple years now... and we have been renting in a couple of different places... let me know if I can help you...

I recommend both of the apartment complex that I have been in Chandler... first we live in Chuparrosas, we loved it, it was next to a nice park, but we moved because was a little pricey... now we live in San Cervantes is the perfect location just next to the malls, on Loop 101 and on Chandler Blvd. and it is a very nice and safe area...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"