Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

More vacation/traveling questions ...

Woah boy ... I'm starting to feel 'OMGness' set in for Saturday ...

a) How many outfits should I bring for Jack?  We'll be gone 7 nights, and WILL have a washer/dryer in our condo. Should I put him in pants/jeans for the flight?

b) Should I bring extra toys (other than those for on the plane) for when we're in the hotel room?

c) Should I waste suitcase space with that way awesome fold up/waterproof blanket I have for on the beach ... even though we'll have a huge umbrella and baby cabana?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

Re: More vacation/traveling questions ...

• Options

IMO

A) At least 2 outfits per day plus jammies for 2 or 3 nights if you can reuse (ie, no pee leakage, etc.) Dress him comfy for the plane and take a little light blanket that will fit in your carry-on. DD slept really well on the plane so I dressed her in comfy soft clothes.

B) YES - DD went crazy for her toys in our room. She needed the stimulation of actual baby toys. We even took her activity table and I dont regret it at all.

C) I probably wouldn't just because the odds of him actually staying on it are slim. If he wants a nap it might be nice, but I probably wouldn't take it.

GL! My cruise was alot of work with a baby but I hope you have fun! Since he is older and you won't be trapped on a ship it should help.

• Options
    A)I'm a total over packer but we are bringing two per day B)we are but probably just a few plus books C) yes! We are bringing ours ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

definitely comfy ?clothes for the plane, probably sweats with a onesie under, planes tend to get cold.

If you ?have a washer I would bring 3 jammies and reuse, one outfit per day and then a couple extra, 2 swimsuits (heaven forbid something happen to one).?

• Options

a) I think Sophia has enough for 3 outfit changes a day... hey you never know what a girl might be in the mood to wear. :) Really though I am justifying so many outfits because we do not have access to a W/D on site.

b) we are bringing a few random small toys, she is obsessed with Little People right now so bringing some of those sets.

c) I bought the same blanket and we are bringing it! 

Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What blanket do you guys have?  I need to get one for our trip next week and haven't found one local.
  • Options
    Sethsgal- I have a JJ Cole blanket I bought at BRU last year that I used at the beach and was perfect. It folds up to the size of a purse and is waterproof.
  • Options

imageamanda7207:
    Sethsgal- I have a JJ Cole blanket I bought at BRU last year that I used at the beach and was perfect. It folds up to the size of a purse and is waterproof.

I think that's the one that Totty and Amie won at the Metro Moms event; it's a great blanket and I'm thinking about getting one too.

• Options

Thanks girls!  I think I am going to go get this one!

• Options
    imagesethsgal:

Thanks girls!  I think I am going to go get this one!

Yup, mines just like that except it has stripes  :)  Its REALLY great ... I love that it's water proof and it folds up into it's own carrier !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options

Ethan saw the striped one and wants that cause it's green, we shall see what BRU has in stock I guess!

:)

• Options

a) it's just you guys. no family visiting or anything?  I would pack 1 outfit for each day and 4 pairs of jammies.  I would not put Jack in pants/jeans, i would put him in a little romper (so much easier for diaper changes on the go) cause it gets HOT waiting for the plane to take off and if he's sitting on your lap he will have your body heat too.

b) i would bring a few extra toys, but nothing crazy

c) I wouldn't bring the blanket, just more stuff to bring on the plane and to the beach and i'm lazy :o)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"