Los Angeles Babies
Options

Anyone else out there with PCOS having trouble?

Hi Ladies,

I am writing for some words of encouragement.  I have PCOS and have never been regular.  However my last period was in the beginning of december.  I made an appt with the doctor thinking that possibly , this could be it my boobs were hurting and everything.  But I just left the doctors office with a sad look on my face and thinking dumb "phantom symtoms".   My doctor didn't make it any easier saying I was obese and how could I even be trying to concieve at this weight.  Geez - to say the least a bad day. She did put me on prevera to get me started again.... Anyone out there with a success story or tips?

Re: Anyone else out there with PCOS having trouble?

• Options

First off, I'm so sorry that you had such a rotton experience at your doctors. I'd look for a new doctor.

But with that said - there IS HOPE for us PCOS'ers! I have PCOS hard core (nearly all of the symptoms) and I have a baby. It wasn't easy and it didn't "just happen" like a lot of very fortunate women.

My first word of encouragement and HUGE MUST-DO suggestion is have the Fasting Insulin Resistancy test. Find a doctor who is open and receptive to HELPING you and demand this test. You can do it at any point in your cycle. What this test will tell you is if your body is using the insulin made appropriately and if not, you'll likely be Rx'ed Metformin or Glucophase (same thing). If you are, ask for the extended release kind (much easier on your system and you're not strapped down taking it 3x a day).

Second must do is get your head and body going in the right direction. I have, my whole life, struggled with weight and not in the LA "I can't beat these last 4.7 lbs" way...more in the "I can't beat these 47+ LBS!" way. What worked for me? WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!! And vowing to eat as many things as I can as they come from the earth - WHOLE FOODS (not the store, the concept!).

I'm the kind of person who has to go full boar, no cheating, no "oh just this one time" or I can't do it. I purged my life - threw away everything that I did not allow myself. We now have no bread in the house, barely any refined sugar or flour, etc and I do not miss it one bit. I'm working back from screwing up - I gained post-baby because I gave myself a million excuses but now I want another baby and I need to get back into it (both in my head and body!).

For me I also did meds to get my daughter but I'm not sure I had to...we'll see this time around. I'm still not regular but have been off my Metformin for a long while. It seemed that when I was on it, I was Regular Rita!

Feel free to email me! sommerrayne (at) msn (dot) com! Good luck hun!!! Its not easy .... in fact, ITS HARD but that's life...

Its hard to be fat
    Its hard to loose weight
    Its hard to maintain weight loss
    Its hard to be unhealthy
    Its hard to be healthy
    Its hard to be on medication to regulate your body the way others operate normally
    So on and so forth...

But that's life - LIFE IS HARD...the great thing is, you get to CHOOSE YOUR "HARD"! Chose the "hard" that's going to get you where you want to be! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"